Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

15 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

what the hell?! where does this come from? Ings is a natural born striker but what happens to Watkins? Logically if you look at it from a tactical pov bailey and Buendia will give him consistent assists either this is a master stroke signing or a big flop.

It's a squad game these days. Go deep in the cups and were pushing 50 games without Europe. Watkins and to an extent Ings are versatile too. We all know how weak our bench looked last year, and how much we lacked when one or two first teamers were out.  We can make effective subs, field a decent team in the cups, and really kick on. I'm really happy. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Oh fook off...  This was actually true...  30 million for a 29 year old injury prone striker when we could have had Tammy for a little more than that?  If we sign Cantwell too, I'm going to have a stroke...

Ohhhh a stroke you say…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

So he's content to play 2nd fiddle to Watkins? 

No player should be guaranteed a starting place really. Okay there's always going to be key personnel, but we need options and competition. Not just for injuries, but for tactic changes and form too.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, useless said:
1 hour ago, useless said:

No reliable source has linked us to Ings, he makes no more sense than Abraham, in fact he makes less sense because of his age, the betting odds mean nothing it's just people placing bets based on rumours, he's said that he wants European football. I don't think there's any chance that it will happen, we won't want him, and he won't want to join us, the 29 year old will probably end up at a top six club as a back up option, or maybe West Ham as they have European football.

Biggest laugh I've had for a week mate.  I love that you've owned yourself out which is the best part.  I applaud you for that.  I can just imagine you ranting away on your keyboard, pressed send, and then within the hour thinking WTF.

• Like 1

After watching some videos of him and Skills and running down the wing, I feel if Grealish goes Ings could be place in Jack's spot so Watkins can stay up front.

I find it strange that those who denied Watkins out to the left even with Tammy as a possible signing that they are now up for it 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Damn forgot about Traore! 

Wait until I tell you about this dude called Conor Hourihane.  I keep forgetting about him when I list the midfielders we have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

After watching some videos of him and Skills and running down the wing, I feel if Grealish goes Ings could be place in Jack's spot so Watkins can stay up front.

I find it strange that those who denied Watkins out to the left even with Tammy as a possible signing that they are now up for it 🤣

My only issue with Ings is his injury record.  Being 29 isn't that big of a deal, plus he'll be another leader to the squad as well.

Â