Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

You look at his stats and they suggest he equally good on either flank. I think they though both Bailey and Buendia are capable of playing in two or three positions.

We need to remember Bailey is not Jack he needs to be given the ball in space with room to run. He didn't get that on Sunday.

• Like 2

He's going to need to adapt to this league fast. Half-arsed off and on the ball. Cash was trying to keep out 2 players. I know he's building fitness but there doesn't seem to be any desire or heart there. 

His pace will only get him so far against defenders with desire, fitness, work ethic and good positional sense. 

He needs to work harder defensively over the whole game. He did that in the second half, but needs to do it all game. I hope he doesn't become a luxury player. Bertrand Traoré did more by this time last season, he also improved much, especially the defensive part of his game. I hope Bailey will develop in the same way.

• Like 1

He just looked really bad. Like so bad it confused me. I keep waiting for him to just spark into life and work it out but currently he looks pretty terrible at passing, shooting, ball carrying and his effort when out of possession is inexcusable. Absolutely shocking to see someone other than Ronaldo just ambling around instead of pressing and working for the team. 

I do also think though that unfortunately he looks worse because I can't see him without looking through the filter of thinking he was a next level player, a coup, an exciting signing. He just looks like everyone else right now

not being funny, but Bailey is clearly a talented player who for some reason isnt performing, kind of like quite a few of our players.

In the scenario where many arent performing to what they can, maybe we should ask more questions about the tactics, coaching etc.

• Like 1

Â