Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This is why Bailey is a strange signing when we already have Traore and Buendia for the right.

Bailey naturally prefers the right but we are playing him left.

Think Traore was only ever going to be a squad player this season but I'd start him at Southampton if he's available.

Where we play Buendia is causing us all sorts of issues currently but Bailey is far more proven at top level so it's him starting every single time.

I'd probably go El Ghazi-Watkins-Bailey for Southampton. No idea what to do with the midfield, hopefully Luiz is fit.

He wasn't good at all tonight, but he also seemed very frustrated and demotivated.

There were a few occasions where he was aide open in space, screaming and waving for the ball, only for it to either be passed backwards, waywards, way over his head, or only after he was closed down and the space was gone 🤦🏿.

The type of football we have been playing recently, will be a total waste of players like him and Danny Ings.

• Like 1

I think we need see Bailey in right side but today we didn't see much, hope next game he is play Right, and Watkin play left, Ings or Archer in centre position hopefully it is work well for counter attack, with good pace. 

I think we need Buendia or Ramsey for centre midfield for killer pass (prefer Ramsey) also Luiz is one of key to throught pass from deep that why we missing him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This is why Bailey is a strange signing when we already have Traore and Buendia for the right.

Bailey naturally prefers the right but we are playing him left.

Tough one that as there's no way Traore has the pace to play on the left.

9 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

Great long throws

I get the feeling from listening to his dad talk about how he trains his kids, he's going to raise his hand for everything whether or not he actually has it in his wheelhouse.

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Tough one that as there's no way Traore has the pace to play on the left.

I think AEG will come in and start at Southampton as much to help out Targett as anything.

Probably means Bailey moves to the right although perhaps we'll go radical and just have him playing off Ollie in 4-2-3-1. Not sure how that will work though. Also dropping Buendia again, not sure as feels like he'll totally down tools if we leave him out and he did provide the assist yesterday at least.

He was a little casual with the ball at times, cheaply giving away possession. Hopefully it's just him adapting to the PL as well as getting closer to peak fitness. Was he a little erratic/wayward in the Bundesliga? We got Bert for that role. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think AEG will come in and start at Southampton as much to help out Targett as anything.

Not a popular opinion I know, but I really hope El Ghazi has a run of games now. Since he's been at the club, when AEG hits form and goes on one of his scoring runs Villa always seem to do well, as opposed to when SJM scores, and we lose.

Poor last night, but had very little to work with.

For some reason we used Bailey as our out ball, with long balls being lumped forward to him constantly. He did well to control a few of them but had no help around him.

I would rather see him on the right against Southampton, with El Ghazi on the left. Traore will hopefully be back soon to support.

Buendia caused the side some problems last night as there was no width on the right hand side when he kept dropping into the 10 role.

Â