Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Always better to avoid Villa players as you’ll support them anyway. But I fail to do that each year. I fail to get less than 3 Villa players usually. It’s heart over head. But what can we do. 

Yeah I keep falling into the sentiment trap.

Jack was obviously always in my team's, and in defense, I used to rotate between Ming's and one of the full backs. 

I've had to decide between Watkins and Ings as striker as well. I think Leon is still in my team on the bench as well.

This season in general, it's been difficult to know which players will be consistent for the whole season, with all teams. Except for Salah of course.

8 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Has had 20 good minutes since arriving, Anwar was a lot more effective when he came on

Agreed, I still Think he’ll come good but most thought he was going to be better than Traore I have my doubts about it that tbh

The consistency hasn't been there...  but he's absolutely a game breaker.  Almost had a worldie to make it 3-0 at the end.  Holding out hope that he really starts to emerge.  I'd like to see him in the starting XI next week.  Give Buendia another run, Watkins up top, Ings on the bench to start.

• Like 1

I still think he'll come good, but still doesn't look himself yet.

Showed some signs of life though?

It's also, almost like he doesn't have the confidence he did, when he first came in, even in his first cameo, which I don't get.

I wonder if he's worried about injuring himself as well.

Anyway, hopefully the new Management team can bring him back 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I thought he was fine when he came on today. Suspect he’s been battling injuries / fitness recently, so not sure we’ve had a fair impression of what he can do.

I also kind of think, he might have set the bar, too high, too quickly. So even when he has an average/decent game, it will look like a failure.

• Like 1

Just now, spiezels said:

Can tell he wants to impress which is fair, but also means he may hold on too long or not pick the first pass. 

Once we get him running the channel properly too, dangerous. 

Just needs to relax abit. 

He is snatching at the ball at the moment. Doesn't look fully fit either. He will be fine

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another note, I've seen Jamaican and German fans say that, he lacked consistency, and that was the only thing holding him back 

Outstanding and meh in spells, apparently.

Villa Park can be a tough place for players who lack consistency and start questioning themselfes.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know, which is why I'm hoping they can sort him out.

He's clearly very talented, i think he just needs to get fully fit and up to speed, then we will have a really important player on our hands.

Same for Buendia tbh, he doesnt seem fully fit and up to speed either.

The impression i get is Gerrard and his coaches will demand fitness levels far above what we were used to under Deano, so can only be good for them once they do get fully fit and up to speed.

• Like 2

Â