Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

This guy is class.

My concern is, that with how poor the team is playing, Deano will treat him as Grealish Mk.2, and just "pass it to Bailey all the time", papering over the cracks of how poor the current team is playing.

It feels like we might be going from an over reliance on Gresford, to an over reliance on Bailey.

Can he please just start.  I am so tired of the subbing in…is he a full 90 min player ?  
the entire midfield needs shuffled.

I am tired of seeing our same midfield it is extremely average and will only result in bottom of the table finish.

3 hours ago, 3_Penny_Opera said:

Can he please just start.  I am so tired of the subbing in…is he a full 90 min player ?  
the entire midfield needs shuffled.

I am tired of seeing our same midfield it is extremely average and will only result in bottom of the table finish.

Wow, you're alive 3P0 - haven't seen you post in a long time!

Smith's no fool - he'll have seen everything we did, surely he'll be changing things up to start Bailey soon enough.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2021 at 08:52, MaVilla said:

This guy is class.

My concern is, that with how poor the team is playing, Deano will treat him as Grealish Mk.2, and just "pass it to Bailey all the time", papering over the cracks of how poor the current team is playing.

It feels like we might be going from an over reliance on Gresford, to an over reliance on Bailey.

I knew this would start to be the narrative. Smith will be punished for Bailey playing well. 

Said in another thread there's a difference between being the stand out best player and our play going through him 

I don't think he'll see as much of the ball as grealish but I'm hoping statistically he does better which will obviously catch the eye

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I knew this would start to be the narrative. Smith will be punished for Bailey playing well. 

its not a narrative, stop being so defensive.

If we play well with Bailey i dont care, i just want us to play well, my point was that ideally, we dont want to be as reliant on one player as we were on Grealish, in an ideal world.

I wont really care as long as we do well, my point was more of a general statement of trying not to put ourselves in the same scenario as before, ie: an over reliance on one player.

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If we play well with Bailey i dont care, i just want us to play well, my point was that ideally, we dont want to be as reliant on one player as we were on Grealish, in an ideal world.

I wont really care as long as we do well, my point was more of a general statement of trying not to put ourselves in the same scenario as before, ie: an over reliance on one player.

Hopefully Buendia will come good so this won’t happen, but we need other players to step up.

We’ve barely seen anything of Traore yet, another player who can make a big difference to our team.

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Hopefully Buendia will come good so this won’t happen, but we need other players to step up.

We’ve barely seen anything of Traore yet, another player who can make a big difference to our team.

yep totally, we should ideally be able to rely on Buendia, Traore, Ings, Watkins, Sanson AND Bailey etc to provide threat, hopefully that will be the case once the new squad has settled.

As i said, my worry is that we fall back in to our previous trap, hopefully we wont though.

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He hasn't stated a single game for us and you're worried about the situation with him

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

You literally just created a hypothetical narrative based on nothing as he hasn't started a single game yet.

lets just leave it there dude, you are assuming things about what i think, and then accusing me of assuming things without trying to understand my point, very binary.

Lets just leave it at that, no point in this discussion.

• Like 1

He, along with Martinez, are the most talented dudes on the team and Leon should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Edited by Big Salad

The level of expectation from some on VT is terrifying. He's played less than 90 minutes and people are worried that we're going to run everything through him as he's the new Jack?

Like him or not, Grealish is a generational talent.  Bailey has looked amazing from what we've seen but he's had and will have poor runs of form.

I feel like we're hyping him up as if he's next saviour, but how many average games does he get before he's shit / the new Gabby / a poor man's Darren Huckerby? Because he's not going to play an absolute blinder for the next 29 games...

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see him and glad we signed him. But let's release the pressure valve a bit.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 23:32, Sulberto21 said:

Player of the season so far and he's probably played about 75 minutes or so. Truly special player. Took 5 of them to stop him at one stage. What the rest of our players were doing I don't know but by God Bailey is an unreal player.

I think this is also an indictment of just how inconsistent, and that’s me being kind, the other players have been so far this season.

No matter how good Bailey is, he should not be our player of the season having only played 75 minutes out of 810.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I think this is also an indictment of just how inconsistent, and that’s me being kind, the other players have been so far this season.

No matter how good Bailey is, he should not be our player of the season having only played 75 minutes out of 810.

McGinn has been player  of the season so far

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

The level of expectation from some on VT is terrifying. He's played less than 90 minutes and people are worried that we're going to run everything through him as he's the new Jack?

Like him or not, Grealish is a generational talent.  Bailey has looked amazing from what we've seen but he's had and will have poor runs of form.

I feel like we're hyping him up as if he's next saviour, but how many average games does he get before he's shit / the new Gabby / a poor man's Darren Huckerby? Because he's not going to play an absolute blinder for the next 29 games...

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see him and glad we signed him. But let's release the pressure valve a bit.

He's not you know who but we're talking about guy who was hitting double figures in Bundesliga a couple of times. And also scored in europa league so his level is higher than likes of El Ghazi.

I think the really good thing aswell from interviews he's done is he will actually be the sort who thrives on the pressure and being lauded as teams "saviour." So he'll be demanding the ball constantly in final third like the league's best attackers do with similar sort of mentality to what Martinez has.

We need more players like that if we're going to eventually progress towards top 6. Hopefully he can stay fit for 5 matches.

Â