Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

9 hours ago, TRO said:

ha ha....fell in to the bandwagon trap again....I supported him against abusive vitriol, and misleading claims, from folk who just wanted him gone.....I didn't care for  his football management or style of play......lets get that bit right. I actually supported the club when he went, but I did not support cabbagegate, event though, it probably speeded things up.

That image as you say, is me.....I don't look like, know or have ever met, Steve Bruce, my wife has, as she worked in Harvey Nichols for many years, so she knew all the players.....she said Steve and his wife was charming.

However.....this is the important bit.....I don't subscribe to any person for any  ( non criminal reason) being subjected to abuse and Steve Bruce was one such person....so I would defend him like any other person, who was subjected to abuse. I spent my whole school life fighting bullies and defending weaker souls, very noble you might say.....not trying to be holier than thou, its just in me.......I did the same running pubs, allowing good folk to have a nice quiet pint.

anyway, I know your only teasing.

Yes, tongue in cheek of course 😄 the episode where many on here thought your picure was Bruce and not you was very funny! 

As of Steve I agree with every bit, I also supported him for quite a while (a too long while!) mainly because of me wanting stability and not chopping and changing managers all the time. Think he played a good part in the development of jack as well.

Anyways back to Bailey, really hope he will be back soon. I'm really excited to see him play in the same team as Buendia and Traoré behind a striker, that would be an attacking three with an abundance of skill on the ball, can't remember a set of attacking midfielders with the same techincal ability fielded at the same time. Young, Milner and Downing the closest I can remember.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Yes, tongue in cheek of course 😄 the episode where many on here thought your picure was Bruce and not you was very funny! 

As of Steve I agree with every bit, I also supported him for quite a while (a too long while!) mainly because of me wanting stability and not chopping and changing managers all the time. Think he played a good part in the development of jack as well.

Anyways back to Bailey, really hope he will be back soon. I'm really excited to see him play in the same team as Buendia and Traoré behind a striker, that would be an attacking three with an abundance of skill on the ball, can't remember a set of attacking midfielders with the same techincal ability fielded at the same time. Young, Milner and Downing the closest I can remember.

It was funny...some were so convinced.

wish I had his money😀

back to Leon....really want him to get a run of games now.

Edited by TRO

13 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just seen Dean’s presser, I did not expect Bailey to be fit and ready. That’s some welcome positive news, I doubt he’ll start against Arsenal but I’d love it if he did, in a 433 and we rip Arsenal to shreds. 

I'd love to see this, but also recognise that training for two days does not mean he's ready to start. Or maybe he's ready to start but needs subbing before half time.  If that were the case, I'd rather we had him to bring in against tired opposition.

Nice little write up on Bailey on the BBC Football website.

Clearly, he’s a player that the media and other teams are very aware of. Hopefully, we’ll start to see the very best of him over the next few weeks and months. 

Â