Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Unfortunately for Leon, as good as he was Ollie was absolutely unplayable in that second half.

I was one of his biggest critics, not because I thought he was crap, but because he showed such ability had all the right technical and physical attributes, yet his decision making with consistently dribbling into blind alleys was holding him back.

It's quite amazing the difference now he has shown defenders he is happy to go right and go left, to cross and to shoot, to pass and to dribble, he is having so much more impact, defenders look terrified and don't know what to do with him, and he is getting his reward.

He somehow looks so much physically stronger too, and has real presence.  Makes him look bigger than he is somehow

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

What on earth has Emery created?

AD7882DE-34C1-43CF-B13A-E228C5558670.jpeg

Just checked his stats when he joined.  Very similar trends. Just better in all the good areas and worse in all the poor areas. Shows that tracking back doesnt even register on this as he is light and day more effective going backwards.

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wow, I watch that and I can’t believe I didn’t vote him MoTM, but perhaps that’s the biggest compliment, that it doesn’t stand out now, that level is his new norm.

What a player he’s become, I hope this week he can rest up that knee and come back fully fit and firing for the last (hopefully) 7 games.

Thats why he is now too good to appear on the Weimann-meter

(if you know, you know)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Wow. Just confirms what my eyes are seeing, we have one of the best wingers in the world right now.

I know he signed a new contract recently but give him another one! 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

He somehow looks so much physically stronger too, and has real presence.  Makes him look bigger than he is somehow

He learnt from the physicality of the prem and the knocks he took because that's what good players do. 

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Not to nitpick, but "vs midfielders"?  Is that Leon Bailey compared to the likes of Youri Tielemans rather than, say, "Att Mid/Wingers" which would be more Phil Foden or, rather, where Bailey actually plays?

(He's still playing fantastically well, though).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not to nitpick, but "vs midfielders"?  Is that Leon Bailey compared to the likes of Youri Tielemans rather than, say, "Att Mid/Wingers" which would be more Phil Foden or, rather, where Bailey actually plays?

(He's still playing fantastically well, though).

Yes, if you click on the attacking midfielders/winger comparison though

He's 94th percentile for goals, 98th percentile for expected assists, 74th for shot creating actions, 75th for progressive carries, 80th, 82nd and 83rd for Take ons, touches in opposing penalty area and progressive passes received. 

Foden is - 97th, 85th, 77th, 51st, 53rd, 88th, 76th in those categories respectively. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I get the feeling as soon as this season is done (which could easily be this time next week) he'll go off and have an op or just rest up whatever is troubling him.

It's painfully obvious he's nowhere near 100% fit. Restricted in his movement when on the ball and as soon as he gets to the box he's taking way too many touches to line up a shot which is a sign he isn't fully trusting his body to go full pelt.

If we actually get through to the final I'd immediately give him the final two prem games off even if we still need to get something for 4th.

Â