Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

He's looked terrible and demotivated in the last couple of games, but let's be honest, he hasn't suddenly become a shite player over night.

He did more in his initial little cameos, than he has in the last 2 games.

Something is off with all of them.

With the type.of player he is, the current state of play, can't be fun either, It will take time.

Probably got Butler with a secret ear piece telling him he's been shite as well.

Another who probably needs to get in the gym. Clearly has the attributes, so either needs to add strength, or get back to being effective with explosiveness.

The last two games, he hasn't shown any of it.

He has also always been a very good set piece taker, these things haven't just dissappeared over night. Even that has been off.

I'm not going to cut him any slack just because he's Jamaican either, but I think our opinions on players probably waver too dramatically on a game ny game basis, without considering other factors.

Which is probably natural when we are angry.

Shouldn't be started just based on reputation either, if he doesn't get his act together.

Having said all that, I don't even think he is fully fit. I just hope he doesn't get injured on International duty. Although getting minutes in, in the heat, will probably do him some good, as long as he comes through injury free.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Looks to have already lost 5 yards of pace.

I think we have the worst conditioning coaches in the league and have done for 2 years 

Yes thats what I thought compared to when he came on against Everton 

• Like 1

We have too many luxury wide forwards and not enough control of the ball. 

Bailey should be an out ball down the channel where he can use his pace but instead it’s a scrappy mess every time we get the ball, we turn it over too quickly and Bailey (and the other forwards) are all forced to track back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We have too many luxury wide forwards and not enough control of the ball. 

Bailey should be an out ball down the channel where he can use his pace but instead it’s a scrappy mess every time we get the ball, we turn it over too quickly and Bailey (and the other forwards) are all forced to track back. 

I agree mate. The balance of our team is very poor. We all can see that our midfield is not working and never really has whilst Dean has been in charge and yet nothing is done about it. Our forwards and defenders are made to look poor by the midfield. Bailey just looked totally perplexed last night. Our defenders and attackers are totally overworked due to the lack of control in midfield.

We've had so many inconsistent, ineffective wide players in recent years that they all blend into one for me now.

Bailey is most definitely another one. He will probably be quietly sold in the summer and like the others, I doubt we will even notice.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

We've had so many inconsistent, ineffective wide players in recent years that they all blend into one for me now.

Bailey is most definitely another one. He will probably be quietly sold in the summer and like the others, I doubt we will even notice.

Conversely I think he'll end the season with 15+ G+A and only get better once he's up to full fitness.

The only thing scaring me is that Traore has been here for 16 months and we still haven't managed to get him to full fitness

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He's had two starts, coming back into a struggling team with a joke of a midfield next to him.

This is one of the all time bad takes.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I haven't read the previous posts as I wanted to give my unbiased opinion. I'm happy to give him time as I know he needs to adjust, but my goodness, he was terrible Friday night. He gives the styles in the Everton game, an gives that against Southampton?? Lets hope it's fitness related.

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

People writing off a player who has started 2 games?A player who already has 4 assists and has scored,has just returned from injury and come from foreign league.

Nothing really surprises me on this site.Our team, manager or players are either best in the world ever or totally shit and there is no room for temporary loss of form,fitness issues or confidence It must be fantastic for our players to know that Villa fans are so patient and allow them time to settle into a new country and league.

Not to mention the fact he's playing in a team that is across the board out of form (or worse...). Yes, he has the potential to be a player that lifts everyone and drags a team out of the rot, but the fact he isn't at the moment is not really his problem.

Shame he does seem to have been negatively impacted by the attitude others seem to be showing in games but I've got a belief he'll turn it around quicker than others could.

On 06/11/2021 at 10:11, samjp26 said:

Let’s just get his dad in as manager 

540424EF-0A6C-47B7-A8A9-EED3BB3B8F00.jpeg

I actually thought I'd dislike Craig Butler, and some of the stuff he says is cringey. But a lot of what he says, about character, and his football/tactical views, I actually really like.

On 26/10/2021 at 23:33, Vancvillan said:

The level of expectation from some on VT is terrifying. He's played less than 90 minutes and people are worried that we're going to run everything through him as he's the new Jack?

Like him or not, Grealish is a generational talent.  Bailey has looked amazing from what we've seen but he's had and will have poor runs of form.

I feel like we're hyping him up as if he's next saviour, but how many average games does he get before he's shit / the new Gabby / a poor man's Darren Huckerby? Because he's not going to play an absolute blinder for the next 29 games...

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see him and glad we signed him. But let's release the pressure valve a bit.

Well that took two games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â