Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Seems like both Villa and Jamaica have been playing him too soon and it's just been setback after setback on the fitness front. Annoying that he's so important to both that it's happened out of necessity because it's not really allowing him to build up any kind of head of steam.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Indigo said:

Seems like both Villa and Jamaica have been playing him too soon and it's just been setback after setback on the fitness front. Annoying that he's so important to both that it's happened out of necessity because it's not really allowing him to build up any kind of head of steam.

I agree with this.

The general consensus of Jamaica fans, is that he hasn't been fully fit at all.

Those are the fans which have been watching him from way before I have.

I've only started watching him more closely since he joined us.

If you look at his little cameos he had, when he first came in for us ( still wasn't fully fit, but was closer ) you can see there is a very skillful, explosive players in there ).

I just hope the run out, in the heat, has done him some good, as long as he's not injured of course. They've bow said it was some cramp.

I think our desperate need for point to have a hope of qualifying, is why he is even being played right now.

Obviously I'm a bit biased and defensive, but I'm loathe to write him off already.

I want him to have a sustained and settled period, fit, with Stevie G and co to see how he gets on.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree with this.

The general consensus of Jamaica fans, is that he hasn't been fully fit at all.

Those are the fans which have been watching him from way before I have.

I've only started watching him more closely since he joined us.

If you look at his little cameos he had, when he first came in for us ( still wasn't fully fit, but was closer ) you can see there is a very skillful, explosive players in there ).

I just hope the run out, in the heat, has done him some good, as long as he's not injured of course. They've bow said it was some cramp.

I think our desperate need for point to have a hope of qualifying, is why he is even being played right now.

Obviously I'm a bit biased and defensive, but I'm loathe to write him off already.

I want him to have a sustained and settled period, fit, with Stevie G and co to see how he gets on.

You may be biased but it is absolutely stupid to write him off already. I have seen people do that 

• Like 4

At the moment there seems to me, a bit of a comparison to be made between Didier Six and Leon. Six was an international winger and came to us in 1984 with a big reputation having been capped 52 times by France. He had one really stand out game for us (his debut against Manchester United) and following an ankle injury, he made only 15 appearances for us. Leon's stand out game (or brief outing, having come off the bench and then come off through injury) came against Everton, and injury has seen him make only 6 appearances for us to date. Time is on Leon's side to fulfil the promise that he showed against Everton, consistently during the rest of this season and to show that the money we paid for him, was money well spent. That would also put an end to my nagging worry that history might just be repeating itself at B6. 

image.jpeg.2d4b0ec41044510aa7b3c977322c6f69.jpeg    image.jpeg.53a4216f0739247767ab795f1ed98374.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The follow up after it went in 🤣

Mate, you should have seen the sitters we missed.

A full blooper reel could be made from that match.

3 points well and truly dropped.

Bobby Reid  ( Fulham ) skied a point blank finish with only goalmouth and net to beat, from literally about a metre out.

• Shocked 1

Assuming it was just cramp,  it's good that he got some game time, but concerning he got cramp from it. Suggests he's struggling with having played too much,  despite still appearing to be way off fitness levels.

Edited by MrBlack

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Annoyingly, I think this kind of thing has really hurt us and obviously the last manager. 

Bailey, Buendia, Watkins, Traore, Ings and Sanson, all players who for a variety of reasons just haven't been able to hit full fitness and get really going. 

I don't know if it's just bad luck but it's **** annoying  

It is just bad luck. As you say probably cost the manager his job but I reckon had we been better second half of last season he might have been given long. 

As for Bailey. He’s a had a pretty shit start with injuries. Internationals really aren’t helping us.

5 hours ago, roonst83 said:

This guy is made of biscuits. So frustrating.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is just bad luck. As you say probably cost the manager his job but I reckon had we been better second half of last season he might have been given long. 

As for Bailey. He’s a had a pretty shit start with injuries. Internationals really aren’t helping us.

Even more frustratingly, it seems he was rarely injured for Leverkusen.

It seems his " injuries " only really started, in the summer, prior to coming to us ffs.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even more frustratingly, it seems he was rarely injured for Leverkusen.

It seems his " injuries " only really started, in the summer, prior to coming to us ffs.

just like Sanson though Bailey missed 8 games two seasons ago with muscle injuries

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I blame Grealford.

He's played 34,39,33 and 40 games the past 4 seasons.

Yet again I'm looking at our strength and conditioning department because it can't be a coincidence half our squad run like they are treading through treacle. Leon Bailey absolute rocket boots against Everton - couldn't outpace Romeu against Southampton.

Whilst we don't know what goes on behind the doors you only have to look at Targett, McGinn, Trez, basically anyone who comes back injured looks like an absolute sack of shite.

Look at the England squad this week, every player was absolutely shredded to the bone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's played 34,39,33 and 40 games the past 4 seasons.

Yet again I'm looking at our strength and conditioning department because it can't be a coincidence half our squad run like they are treading through treacle. Leon Bailey absolute rocket boots against Everton - couldn't outpace Romeu against Southampton.

Whilst we don't know what goes on behind the doors you only have to look at Targett, McGinn, Trez, basically anyone who comes back injured looks like an absolute sack of shite.

Look at the England squad this week, every player was absolutely shredded to the bone.

It is indeed confusing. We can't just have been that unlucky with recurring injuries to previously reliable players. It has to have some bearing on our coaches. Which ones, and whether they're been replaced during the change in management, we can only hope. 

15 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think I'll need to take him out of my PL fantasy team now, waited too long but it only worked against Everton, Arsenal. Although he's the most players that could get excitement back to the team.

I just replaced him with Conor Gallagher. Saved a few sheckles in the process.

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

I just replaced him with Conor Gallagher. Saved a few sheckles in the process.

Always better to avoid Villa players as you’ll support them anyway. But I fail to do that each year. I fail to get less than 3 Villa players usually. It’s heart over head. But what can we do. 

Â