Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Welcome my friend, almost everyone here is ok 👍

I think every Villa fan has everything crossed for Bailey's fitness

Did you and TRO go to the same school?

Haha, thank you for the welcome.  I see one person laughed to your response... Im not sure if that's for the "everythng crossed for Bailey's fitness" or for the questions about whether or not TRO (zero idea who this is haha) went to the same school.  Enlighten me, who is TRO?

TRO is a much valued member of this site. You have a very similar writing style 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Haha, thank you for the welcome.  I see one person laughed to your response... Im not sure if that's for the "everythng crossed for Bailey's fitness" or for the questions about whether or not TRO (zero idea who this is haha) went to the same school.  Enlighten me, who is TRO?

You haven't heard of the legend that is TRO?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Hey Villans!  New poster here...  and as my display name indicates....  huge fan of this man right here and cannot wait until he is fit.  Agreed that we are more than a one man squad now, but he's an extraordinarily important piece of the puzzle that we need fit and on the pitch.  His performance against Everton was insane....  very much hoping my display name ages well and in 20 years we talk about the legend of Leon Bailey!  Excited to chat with you all about AVFC...  being an American I don't get to interact with many fellow fans so very excited to be a part of the crew here.  

Welcome to the site mate! I also hope that we will be talking about the legendary Leon Bailey in the future! He has sure made an instant impact with his cameos so far. I haven't had as much hope or been as excited about a player since Nii Lamptey. I think he can fill Jack's boots, just hope he gets over his injury problems. He has played a lot of games over the last seasons so I hope it wont be a problem.

6 hours ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Hey Villans!  New poster here...  and as my display name indicates....  huge fan of this man right here and cannot wait until he is fit.  Agreed that we are more than a one man squad now, but he's an extraordinarily important piece of the puzzle that we need fit and on the pitch.  His performance against Everton was insane....  very much hoping my display name ages well and in 20 years we talk about the legend of Leon Bailey!  Excited to chat with you all about AVFC...  being an American I don't get to interact with many fellow fans so very excited to be a part of the crew here.  

There are a few on here from your side of the pond. You can join in the debate about squash and other such delights. 

When it gets too crazy in on topic, which is basically everytime we lose, head over to off topic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

There are a few on here from your side of the pond. You can join in the debate about squash and other such delights. 

When it gets too crazy in on topic, which is basically everytime we lose, head over to off topic. 

Haha....  appreciate the information.  Another poster PM'd me and mentioned the sky is falling mentality when there are losses etc, and as I told him, I'm a diehard Boston sports fan (mainly Bruins) and trust me, we are exactly the same, so I'm well prepared.  Villa twitter is an absolute gong show pretty much always I've noticed....  I fully enjoy it.  I try to stay levelheaded but I'm sure as we go on I'll have my negative moments (I think I just sat in silence for a good 30 minutes Saturday)...  especially since I think we are headed for such big things with this ownership, our current squad and the young studs looking to break into the first team. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Welcome to the site mate! I also hope that we will be talking about the legendary Leon Bailey in the future! He has sure made an instant impact with his cameos so far. I haven't had as much hope or been as excited about a player since Nii Lamptey. I think he can fill Jack's boots, just hope he gets over his injury problems. He has played a lot of games over the last seasons so I hope it wont be a problem.

Thank you my friend!  Yea it's not like he's been a perpetual concern with regards to fitness...  I think they are being extra cautious currently to make sure they get him right.  That Everton game...  those 20 minutes were absolutely electric and I just can't wait for more of that.  I wish I was at VP when he scored...  the place ERUPTED it seemed.  That's that legendary-ness I need.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 19:41, Keener window-cleaner said:

The new 'Pele' if I recall, did'nt he score a hat trick on his debut against Wigan in the cup or something. Only eclipsed by the 4 goal debut at St James Park by Simon Stainrod 

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 16:04, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Welcome.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 18:21, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Exactly!!!

some bum, that has nothing better to do with his retirement.....and desperately wants Leon Bailey back.

Edited by TRO

On 18/10/2021 at 19:49, Keener window-cleaner said:

I can tell you who TRO not is, he is not Steve Bruce, even if his profile picture in the small version (and previous stubborn support of the poor man) might lead one to believe otherwise. 

ha ha....fell in to the bandwagon trap again....I supported him against abusive vitriol, and misleading claims, from folk who just wanted him gone.....I didn't care for  his football management or style of play......lets get that bit right. I actually supported the club when he went, but I did not support cabbagegate, event though, it probably speeded things up.

That image as you say, is me.....I don't look like, know or have ever met, Steve Bruce, my wife has, as she worked in Harvey Nichols for many years, so she knew all the players.....she said Steve and his wife was charming.

However.....this is the important bit.....I don't subscribe to any person for any  ( non criminal reason) being subjected to abuse and Steve Bruce was one such person....so I would defend him like any other person, who was subjected to abuse. I spent my whole school life fighting bullies and defending weaker souls, very noble you might say.....not trying to be holier than thou, its just in me.......I did the same running pubs, allowing good folk to have a nice quiet pint.

anyway, I know your only teasing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â