Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm concerned that Jack wont start the next game either.  Southgate is a stubborn man and wont want to look like he was wrong and cave to the masses.

I don't want Jack to be associated with that pile of dung....he comes on in a game like that and gets tarnished with it......it was as flat as a witches tit, when he came on.....he is a top player, not a magician.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Fair shout. Play Foden right, Mount at 10 and Grealish left. Bellingham and Phillips behind. 

Phillips is a back-and-sideways passing nobody.

With a shit hair do.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Or Croatia need to win.

(I only learned this today as well, but) it's head-to-head before goal difference, so we cannot finish below Croatia as we beat them in the head-to-head.

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The onyl other group that doesn't have 3 teams on 3 pts at the minute is group f. With Spain on 1. 

It us relatively unlikely we don't go through but it wouldn't be implausible. I think the best result for England would be not going through but oh well. 

You would need the following to occur:

• Scotland beat Croatia, ideally by two clear goals (not sure how it's decided if they end up with the same goal difference as England) and England lose to Czechia

Plus also 4 combinations from the other 5 groups. We don't know these yet for the last two groups, but from the first three group it could be:

• Switzerland beat Turkey by an approximately 3 goal margin;
  • Finland to at least draw with Belgium AND Russia to beat Denmark; or
  • Ukraine and Austria to draw, and England to lose by two goals;

I'll add the others over the next couple of days. But I would say it's a *way* less than 10% chance, I doubt it's even 1%.

After that pile of s*** I can't wait for the PL to start.

England are a mess, every tournament it's the same problems and we can never find the magic formula.

Kane is obviously injured yet still plays, Watkins would have scored a couple for England in those two matches.

Rice I thought had a good season yet seems anonymous for England.

Phillips was decent against Croatia but yet against Scotland seemed the slowest player on the pitch.

And arguably the best English player doesn't start the match.

It's so wrong on so many levels.

France or Italy to win the tournament, let's just f*** it off right now.

UTFV 

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I get the feeling certain players don't want to give Jack the ball. I feel like there is a hierarchy, and Jack's quality and popularity has thrown  a spanner in the works that some players and even the manager doesn't like.

i have to confess to the same notion.

I think his popularity, is an issue with some.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm not sure how Jessie Lingard never made it to the Euro's given his form since joining Westham.

He would have added a bit more creativity than what we have seen so far. 

Surely a troll, 15 games should not get you in the squad 

Â