Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

International football is genuinely horrific, well England wise anyway. Fair play to anyone who manages to care or get themselves up for these tourneys because I've had no care in the world regarding England since about 2004. Only slightly more interested this time around because we have Mings involved and what should've been Jackamania. 

2 England games in and I'm already craving Villa back. 

This!

• Like 1

Dyche is a much better manager than Southgate, Southgate got relegated with Middlesbrough and then was sacked whilst they were in the championship, when he leaves England his career will probably follow a similar path to Chris Coleman's.

• Like 4

Just now, Philosopher said:

Sterling was making the runs and trying to make things happen tonight, he wasn't effective, but he was more threatening than Foden and Mount. He was brave and kept plugging away. I thought he did play well against Croatia, not great, but a solid 7.

ok let's agree to disagree. I thought he was poor and ineffective.  I dont think Foden or Mount were much better but I think we need Mount in the team.  Foden is more up in the air but I think he has more talent than Sterling and can offer more to the team.  If Sterling cant do what he's supposed to he doesnt have much else to his game. 

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats true, but you have to match opponents.....we lost the midfield through poor management.

Gareth is a safe pair of hands,for the FA not much more.

Southgate is a good man manager, but he isn't inspiring, nor is he a good tactician. He also took too long to realise England's best creative players are all natural 10's, so England should be setting up with a 10. This is because he is fundamentally too cautious. Even if he likes to throw curve balls like putting our 3rd or 4th best right back at left back. But that misses the point the that he has left our best left back as well as our most talented and creative player on the bench for two Competitive matches in a row. He needs to take a hard look at himself in the mirror. He's playing favourites with Mount, Kane, Sterling and Trippier.

• Like 1

We have big named players in the England team, that would attract huge fee's at Club level......but they get negated so easily.

Thats a manager issue.

• Like 3

We bottled it, we didn’t lose, we will progress and hopefully learn from tonight. Grealish will start the next game for sure and hopefully WITH Foden, and I’d like to se Sancho given a chance as well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's difficult enough for us to finish 3rd in this group - we would need to lose and Scotland would need to win. I don't think you're going to get 4 groups where the 3rd place team has 4 points *and* a better goal difference. 

Or Croatia need to win. The onyl other group that doesn't have 3 teams on 3 pts at the minute is group f. With Spain on 1. 

It us relatively unlikely we don't go through but it wouldn't be implausible. I think the best result for England would be not going through but oh well. 

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

But is he a better dinosaur than Southgate? I say yes and I really dont like Dyche.

Dyche is just pragmatic. He know Burnley can compete on quality so he has them Compete on their own terms. I doubt he can get a team playing attractive attacking football, but he knows how to organise and inspire his players. Which is more than Southgate.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Southgate is a good man manager, but he isn't inspiring, nor is he a good tactician. He also took too long to realise England's best creative players are all natural 10's, so England should be setting up with a 10. This is because he is fundamentally too cautious. Even if he likes to throw curve balls like putting our 3rd or 4th best right back at left back. But that misses the point the that he has left our best left back as well as our most talented and creative player on the bench for two Competitive matches in a row. He needs to take a hard look at himself in the mirror. He's playing favourites with Mount, Kane, Sterling and Trippier.

He encourages players who look to make no errors.....but then that lacks courage and enterprise.....creativity has to be encouraged and promoted, not snubbed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

We bottled it, we didn’t lose, we will progress and hopefully learn from tonight. Grealish will start the next game for sure and hopefully WITH Foden, and I’d like to se Sancho given a chance as well. 

I'm concerned that Jack wont start the next game either.  Southgate is a stubborn man and wont want to look like he was wrong and cave to the masses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Southgate is a failed club manager. England play horrible football.

Roberto Mancini is a succesful club manager. Italy plays beautiful football.

It isn't rocket science

Spot on. But Dyche is also a successful manager, m

Not in trophies, but what he's do e at Burnley is incredible. Shit football though.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I don't think it matters this manager has a creative tourniquet around them.

They have no freedom to express themselves.

its not faces, its a a cautious style that is holding them back......it doesn't matter who you bring in, the style is the same.

A Forward ball is on and they stop, check and pass a nondescript ball side ways....its turgid.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, nick76 said:

I'm concerned that Jack wont start the next game either.  Southgate is a stubborn man and wont want to look like he was wrong and cave to the masses.

Poor operators are usually like that.

stubborness can be a bed partner of indecision.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â