Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

GROUP D
ENG.png?imwidth=158England
CRO.png?imwidth=158Croatia
CZE.png?imwidth=158Czechia
SCO.png?imwidth=158Scotland

13/06 @ 14:00 - England  v Croatia  (Wembley)
14/06 @ 14:00 - Scotland v Czechia  (Hampden)

18/06 @ 17:00 - Croatia  v Czechia  (Hampden)
18/06 @ 20:00 - England  v Scotland (Wembley)

22/06 @ 20:00 - Czechia  v England  (Wembley)
22/06 @ 20:00 - Croatia  v Scotland (Hampden)

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why have I never seen the Czech Republic referred to as Czechia before today?

It was a new thing from maybe 2 or 3 years ago that the government changed the name. Its wasnt a very popular move in Czech 😂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was a new thing from maybe 2 or 3 years ago that the government changed the name. Its wasnt a very popular move in Czech 😂

Do you reckon they have to change it back to keep the angry mobs in...

...Czech? 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Do you reckon they have to change it back to keep the angry mobs in...

...Czech? 

Czechya out with your fancy puns

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Are Croatia still a good side? 

No

But that's not how Southgate will see it 

If they name a central midfield of modric, brozovic and kovacic we'll no doubt let them have the ball and play counter attacking 

• Like 1

I expect southgate to play 2 DMs in front of a 4 man defence regardless of the opposition.

We'll get out of this group and then go out at the first knockout stage to continue our utterly dreadful record in the knockout stages of the Euros (we've won one knockout game. Ever)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I expect southgate to play 2 DMs in front of a 4 man defence regardless of the opposition.

We'll get out of this group and then go out at the first knockout stage to continue our utterly dreadful record in the knockout stages of the Euros (we've won one knockout game. Ever)

Yep, the worst thing being that there's been absolutely no suggestion yet that rice and Phillips can play together, they both look lost, with that in mind I can see why he's desperate to have Henderson there 

2 DMCs and Mount as a midfield 3 with Mount covering for how shit a unit that will be 

If Southgate let's them off the leash even a little then they have a punchers chance, this team should score goals 

• Like 1

Defence is the hardest for England as we  lack a genuine top cb.

It’ll never happen with Southgate but I’d love to a midfield/attack of 

Rice, Mount

Jack, Foden, Sterling (all 3 swapping position)

Kane

• Like 1

And me

Go for the pep guardiola style of defending, keep the ball... We have the players to do it too, Scotland especially we should be aiming to dominate the ball and do death by a thousand passes, press high up the pitch and with high intensity, keep them away from the final 3rd

There are ways of defending without the defence 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thats shocking but its time for that to change. We've had some terrible international managers since Terry Venables took us to the semi's in 96 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Thats shocking but its time for that to change. We've had some terrible international managers since Terry Venables took us to the semi's in 96 

2 of them were way more superior to Terry Venables

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

2 of them were way more superior to Terry Venables

Club management maybe but not for England. Doesnt matter what they do for their clubs or other international teams its what they do for England.  

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Club management maybe but not for England. Doesnt matter what they do for their clubs or other international teams its what they do for England.  

Venables wasnt really that great for England either, he managed 5 competitive games 2and won. Then was assistant last time England didn't qualify for a tournament 

The Harry Redknapp of his time 

Just now, Zatman said:

Venables wasnt really that great for England either, he managed 5 competitive games 2and won. Then was assistant last time England didn't qualify for a tournament 

The Harry Redknapp of his time 

Didnt have long enough but arguably our best performance in a major tournament came under him and we did get to the semis and might have won it but for the current England manager. He was a good tactician!

I haven't looked at who we could get in the draws yet after the group stages, but I think we'll get to the semis. Southgate is too cautious at times, but we had a very solid world cup effort last time around, he's not done anything particularly badly so far, so whilst it may be a bit uninspiring ( although no Dier, maybe he's learning- **** yeah!!! ) we have enough quality to go far regardless. 

I will bang a fairly lonely drum for 'Southgate gets too much criticism' for what he's done anyway. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I haven't looked at who we could get in the draws yet after the group stages, but I think we'll get to the semis. Southgate is too cautious at times, but we had a very solid world cup effort last time around, he's not done anything particularly badly so far, so whilst it may be a bit uninspiring ( although no Dier, maybe he's learning- **** yeah!!! ) we have enough quality to go far regardless. 

I will bang a fairly lonely drum for 'Southgate gets too much criticism' for what he's done anyway. 

Its true nobody cares about qualification games or friendlies, its all about turning up for the major tournaments and a semi is a good start. 

Â