Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Maybe 10-15% chance that enough teams end up on 4pts that we could go out. 

It's difficult enough for us to finish 3rd in this group - we would need to lose and Scotland would need to win. I don't think you're going to get 4 groups where the 3rd place team has 4 points *and* a better goal difference. 

17 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Is it possible we don't qualify?

Lose to Czech and Croatia or Scotland win by a few goals

The worst we can finish is third isnt it. Think we'll see a different performance against the Czechs

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Sterling played well against Croatia. His number last season was 15 goals and 12 assists. His form isn't as bad as is made out. The problem tonight was Sterling was either picking up the ball infront of the back four and have either to beat 2 or 3 ayers or ay the ball back, or he got in in between the.lines as he is best but didn't have the support. Or the ball wasn't played early enough. The problem tonight was in central midfield not wide. 

Sterling didnt play well against Croatia

He started the season well for Man City but tailed off badly and since the end of February has been poor.  Go look at his stats, even Pep was dropping him to the bench.  Stats dont say everything I know but I watched him like you probably did every game and he was off the boil for the last three or so months. 

The problem was all across the midfield and attack but we are just talking about Sterling here and for me was another poor game for Sterling following on his form of the last 3-4 months.  He is one of our best when on form but he's off the boil at the moment and with all our attacking threat in the squad he shouldnt be getting in the first XI.

Hard to replace Kane although he's been poor the last two games so DCL will probably start or should start against Czechs but the creative players need a freshen up and that means Sterling out.

Southgate will probably start the same team though I'm guessing

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Phillips and rice were......no where near their best.

True they didn't like the pressure Scotland put on them. Mount doesn't have the skill to handle two men  pressing him hard. So when the ball go worked wide the wingers were expected to go through a bank of 5 and then 3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not heard one single person question Southgate on telly yet. 

Jason Cundy on Talk sport trying his best to stick up for Southgate, Andy Goldstein tearing him a new one.

Edited by foreveryoung

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Also it must be said Scotland played six midfielders tonight, they set up to frustrate and not allow any space and it worked. The midfield 3, none are good under pressure, Jack would have changed that and made space others.

Thats true, but you have to match opponents.....we lost the midfield through poor management.

Gareth is a safe pair of hands,for the FA not much more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What do people think.

Would Potter even take the job?

He is a young manager and i'm not necessarily sure he'd be interested in a International job at this point in his career.

Hope not! Want him to succeed at Brighton

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'd stick that on Grealish not starting against Czech

😂

I think everybody knows he wont start so my odds will be at best 1/100 at the bookies

• Haha 1

International football is genuinely horrific, well England wise anyway. Fair play to anyone who manages to care or get themselves up for these tourneys because I've had no care in the world regarding England since about 2004. Only slightly more interested this time around because we have Mings involved and what should've been Jackamania. 

2 England games in and I'm already craving Villa back. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What do people think.

Would Potter even take the job?

He is a young manager and i'm not necessarily sure he'd be interested in a International job at this point in his career.

Bielsa should take the job! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa_shere said:

I don’t want to see Jack as no10. He skill comes from cutting in. Showing and and Speeding up off the wing. 

That’s right. If his teammates look to play him. Which they didn’t. Waistcoat to one side, if England want to progress them changes need making. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Sterling didnt play well against Croatia

He started the season well for Man City but tailed off badly and since the end of February has been poor.  Go look at his stats, even Pep was dropping him to the bench.  Stats dont say everything I know but I watched him like you probably did every game and he was off the boil for the last three or so months. 

The problem was all across the midfield and attack but we are just talking about Sterling here and for me was another poor game for Sterling following on his form of the last 3-4 months.  He is one of our best when on form but he's off the boil at the moment and with all our attacking threat in the squad he shouldnt be getting in the first XI.

Hard to replace Kane although he's been poor the last two games so DCL will probably start or should start against Czechs but the creative players need a freshen up and that means Sterling out.

Southgate will probably start the same team though I'm guessing

Sterling was making the runs and trying to make things happen tonight, he wasn't effective, but he was more threatening than Foden and Mount. He was brave and kept plugging away. I thought he did play well against Croatia, not great, but a solid 7.

Was actually fuming after that.

I despise the man I really do.

Never have such a talented technical bunch been wasted more.

Horrendous coach.

I actually watched the high performance podcast with him today and thought he is actually am impressive guy regards to management motivating emotional intelligence etc.

Then I watched that and remember what a dithering shite pathetic cautious coach he is.

Get rid. Sack him now. Mid tournament.

• Like 2

Â