Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Its what happens in the final 3rd that counts. That slow pedestrian build up rarely works. When it does -  it looks great - but most goals imo come about playing at pace.

I completely agree.  We allowed Scotland to set up the defence and midfield every time and players that normally do things at pace like Foden, Mount and co werent doing that...down to Southgate!

Gary Neville is a bellend. It's the effing tactics and the formation you absolute wank. Phillips plays as a 6 alone. Rice kept getting in his way. Mount as an 8 is better as he can get the ball deeper and then get it into Jack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

tbh i'd rather England not qualify for summer tournaments, it is far less of a hassle watching them.

It's pretty hard not to qualify for the euros these days.

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

There is a non-trivial chance we don't get out of the group stage. Only 4 out of 6 teams that finish 3rd go through. And only this group and group f don't have 3 teams on 3+pts.

4 points will get any team out of the group, I dont think that is remotely a worry about not getting out the group now with 4 points!

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

4 points will get any team out of the group, I dont think that is remotely a worry about not getting out the group now with 4 points!

As an aside - it's a feckin stupid set up - all these games and only 8 teams go out.!!!

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

Cant play Sterling because his poor form, no point playing him because he has pace if he cant do anything with it.  He's a great player on his day but he hasnt done it for ages for Man City and now for England.  That goal doesnt change that for me.  

DCL i'm not convinced he has that pace when I've watched him but I'll bow to your knowledge on that.

DCL doesn't have Rashford pace, but he is certainly quicker than most centres backs and is good at playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

Like I said.  Kane in front of Sterling, Jack, and Foden, with Mount running from deep and Rice holding would be my midfield and attack.

Sancho for all the hype always looks poor in an England shirt. If kane has to play you need Sterling or Rashford left. You need that ball in behind. 

In international football you can drill player day in day out. So you need a player in the middle of the park that can dominate proceedings. Mount is quality, but that's not his game. Jack has to be England's no 10.

I don't understand how foden and mount are escaping criticism. Mount didn't bother attacking and providing support. And Foden missed every opportunity he has because he's shit. He either has a terrible touch or a poor shot. 

• Like 1

Â