Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Perhaps this is a master stroke by Southgate in order that England don't win the group.

The only master stroke by Southgate is in his room late at night, with his special sock watching YouTube clips of Mason Mount

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

So is Steve Bruce a better manager than Southgate 

Scotland were there to be beaten badly, wasn't even a derby atmosphere as sn excuse

Steve’s certainly achieved more in his career than Southgate. It’s a bit of a mystery how Southgate got the job in the first place.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Steve’s certainly achieved more in his career than Southgate. It’s a bit of a mystery how Southgate got the job in the first place.

Yes man who knows how to play the media. That's All... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I get the feeling certain players don't want to give Jack the ball. I feel like there is a hierarchy, and Jack's quality and popularity has thrown  a spanner in the works that some players and even the manager doesn't like.

Stems from the manager. He has made it more of an issue when Grealish isn’t on the team sheet, if we were flying it would be justified. Against Croatia and yesterday it wasn’t good enough, the goal against Croatia actually papered over cracks. We don’t score enough because we don’t create enough. At one point yesterday, Grealish made a pass out to the wing I’m sure like all of us here we knew what he was expecting having watched him for Villa (expecting a full back to provide width I.e like Targett does) Luke Shaw on that side just stood there in the defensive half, embarrassing. To top that off you had Matterface say he tried to pass it to a substitute??? What??

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

So is Steve Bruce a better manager than Southgate 

Scotland were there to be beaten badly, wasn't even a derby atmosphere as sn excuse

I think Bruce would have found a way to beat Scotland (as would a large percentage of professional managers).

Edited by Genie

Pickford

James Stones Mings Chilwell

Phillips Bellingham

Foden Mount Grealish

Kane

Has to be the next 11 for me although Kane would be extremely lucky to keep his place. Saying that I don't rate DCL or Rashford (up front) too much.

Sancho really deserves minutes as well but I'd like to see Jack and Foden together.

Well that was very dour from England. 

Southgate clueless as always. 

Losing midfield battle all game but doesn’t change it. 
Bring on Jack, but then allow Sterling to play where he wants, completely taking out any shape. 
Taking off Kane and bringing on a clearly unfit and out of form Rashford. 
Having no game plan. 
Only using 2 subs out of 5 at your disposal. 

Credit to Scotland, they wanted it more, had a better shape, better organised, knew what everyone’s roles were. Unlucky not to score.

• Like 1

So have we qualified now? Maybe he will experiment in the next game. He won’t.

Kane is starved if service but also looks way off it, not taking Watkins who can do all that running he wants of the two wingers on his own is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Kane is clearly not fit, his movement is way off. Just replacing him would make a huge difference for England.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Pickford

James Stones Mings Chilwell

Phillips Bellingham

Foden Mount Grealish

Kane

Has to be the next 11 for me although Kane would be extremely lucky to keep his place. Saying that I don't rate DCL or Rashford (up front) too much.

Sancho really deserves minutes as well but I'd like to see Jack and Foden together.

I really don’t think we need a back 6 unless it’s against one of the top sides. It’s massively stifling us going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I really don’t think we need a back 6 unless it’s against one of the top sides. It’s massively stifling us going forward.

I wouldn't have Bellingham sitting he is more of a box to box midfielder.

Â