Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

All this 'runs in behind is nonsense'. How many sides are playing a defensive high line. England lack creativity and on the ball management not pace. 

Exactly. Scotland was not exactly over commiting.  England  couldnt run into space because there wasnt any. A better manager might have twigged that.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

To have 16 teams for a knockout phase, it won’t work with 12.

Have an extra group or two. Best third place is a nonsense and devalues the competition.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

All this 'runs in behind is nonsense'. How many sides are playing a defensive high line. England lack creativity and on the ball management not pace. 

England's problem is the type of football they play, not attributes or the lack of it.

And that's a coaching issue. I suspect Dildo nose thought he could play MON ball to the final and survive on individual brilliance when needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know, they dont want a big team not in the knockout stages so like everything in football it's catering to the big teams whether club football or here international teams.  With the potential of a couple of big teams in a group, they need to make allowance that in three games that a big team might only win one game so they make sure they go through!

Too many teams qualifying - almost pointless having all the qualifying games - you pretty much know most of the qualifiers.

It reminds me when Chris Eubank threw away his boxing career by beating a bunch of nobodies up and down the country.

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Correct. So should we sacrifice pace for more 'playmaker' types and then lack anyone to make those.runs in behind and down the channels. Those runs stretch teams and create space as a result. 

We need Jack at 10, that will solve the problem. Mount is great, but Jack in that no 10 is ESSENTIAL. 

Next game I'd completely switch up.

Henderson - Mount

Jack 

Sancho                     Kane/DLC           Foden

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No much issue with most of what you have said but you dont play players that have had poor form for ages like Sterling.  He's not doing what you are saying, he's being poor on the ball and ineffective in games.  He scored the goal the other day which clouds all that because it won the game and he did what I said he isnt doing so I look stupid but I have to think anybody watching him can see he's in such poor form at the moment and almost all the time isnt doing what he's in the team to do and hence why Pep dropped him and why Southgate should.

Sancho has been poor in an England shirt. 

As I said Jack, Foden and Mount have to be in the team and the rest is up to whoever, if it has to be Sterling then fine but I wouldnt be picking him. 

Sterling played well against Croatia. His number last season was 15 goals and 12 assists. His form isn't as bad as is made out. The problem tonight was Sterling was either picking up the ball infront of the back four and have either to beat 2 or 3 players or play the ball back, or he got in between the lines (as he is best) but didn't have the support. Or the ball wasn't played early enough. The problem tonight was in central midfield not wide. 

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

There is a non-trivial chance we don't get out of the group stage. Only 4 out of 6 teams that finish 3rd go through. And only this group and group f don't have 3 teams on 3+pts.

There's no chance that 4 points isn't enough. 

I would like to apologise. 

I had done a load of betting today and had 22p left in my account pregame so I put it on a long shot (I thought) of No Goalscorer at 9.75 odds expecting to lose it. 

I am now very rich with £2.14 in my account.  Yes you read that correctly a whole two pounds and fourteen pence...woohoo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also it must be said Scotland played six midfielders tonight, they set up to frustrate and not allow any space and it worked. The midfield 3, none are good under pressure, Jack would have changed that and made space others.

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Sterling played well against Croatia. His number last season was 15 goals and 12 assists. His form isn't as bad as is made out. The problem tonight was Sterling was either picking up the ball infront of the back four and have either to beat 2 or 3 ayers or ay the ball back, or he got in in between the.lines as he is best but didn't have the support. Or the ball wasn't played early enough. The problem tonight was in central midfield not wide. 

Phillips and rice were......no where near their best.

So if we finish second in the group we potentially play Slovakia or Sweden, win it and we play France Portugal or Germany… Based on that shithouse of a performance tonight we’re already playing for second surely😉

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I would like to apologise. 

I had done a load of betting today and had 22p left in my account pregame so I put it on a long shot (I thought) of No Goalscorer at 9.75 odds expecting to lose it. 

I am now very rich with £2.14 in my account.  Yes you read that correctly a whole two pounds and fourteen pence...woohoo!

I'd stick that on Grealish not starting against Czech

• Like 2

Â