Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

I think Safegate bottles it and goes ultra defensive. Big mistake if he does because this German Team are weak when the backline is pressured. If ever there was a time to attack them with a high press, it's now. I'm sick of all this fear at international level. pisses me off. Especially the way most the lads play weekly at club level.

• Like 1

Guaranteed we play 5 at the back to counter Germany and all there threats. I mean Gary Neville has already shown his line up and has alluded he would.

But why? Why arnt Germany changing formations and countering our threats? Which are Greater than they have? 

It's all so negative and defend first football, I mean it's even worse than Bruceball. Bruce has never had the calibre of players that England have in attack like Southgate has. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

I genuinely believe this is his exact lineup. 

I'll probably get bettered for this but, i'm so disillusioned with Southgate, if we play that team I hope we get absolutely smashed. 

It sums up everything wrong with the England team and how it's constantly managed. It's really not that difficult to pick a system and put the best player in each position. Instead he will play 

-A favourite (trippier) out of position despite 2 CL quality Lbs. 

-Rashford horrendously out of form, ignoring 4 potential world beaters (Grealish, Saka, Sancho and Foden). 

-Kane out of form and decided he's a midfielder 

-Henderson absolutely not match fit. 

But but but pace power and experience. Proper men.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't necessarily make it a Maguire versus Mings thing either.  I thought Maguire was good against the Czechs and I thought Mings was good in the other 2.  This match will not be decided by who is left centre back in the England team.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Guaranteed we play 5 at the back to counter Germany and all there threats.

I don't think we will, because they only play with one up top, and he's not exactly a traditional striker. But there's an argument to say that if we did, it would actually end up more attacking, as we would need some threat from the flanks. In that case, we might go with Walker - Stones - Maguire as the three, with James and Shaw or even Saka providing the width.

3 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I mean it's even worse than Bruceball. Bruce has never had the calibre of players that England have in attack like Southgate has. 

I grew to despise Bruce and his brand of football, but it's honestly not even close, he's a considerably better manager than Southgate is.

The *only* thing going in Southgate's favour is that he's well-spoken and won't embarrass the FA. I suspect that'll be enough to keep him in a job for a few years yet.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The *only* thing going in Southgate's favour is that he's well-spoken and won't embarrass the FA. I suspect that'll be enough to keep him in a job for a few years yet.

Cheap as well 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I wouldn't necessarily make it a Maguire versus Mings thing either.  I thought Maguire was good against the Czechs and I thought Mings was good in the other 2.  This match will not be decided by who is left centre back in the England team.

I don't get why Maguire isn't capable of being the right-side centre half as he is right footed, it can't be that difficult surely.  That said, Stones hasn't done anything wrong yet.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't get why Maguire isn't capable of being the right-side centre half as he is right footed, it can't be that difficult surely.  That said, Stones hasn't done anything wrong yet.

I'm sure he's capable. I'm not sure I'd be making him learn a new side during a major tournament. It wouldn't be plug and play at this level.

Of course we can beat an ageing Germany but think Southgate will be too keen on stopping Germany from playing rather than trying to win it. Germany were really poor against hungary and have conceded 4 goals more than England have.  I expect Mount and Foden to come back into the side for the two best players against the Czech republic. 

Talksport just....

Stuart Pearce just said he wouldn't have started Jack in the first game of the tournament, he then followed it up by saying (and bear in mind that Jack was MOTM in every game he played in pre tournament) that based on his performance against the Czechs he would start him against Germany. They get paid good money for this. Clown.

51 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Talksport just....

Stuart Pearce just said he wouldn't have started Jack in the first game of the tournament, he then followed it up by saying (and bear in mind that Jack was MOTM in every game he played in pre tournament) that based on his performance against the Czechs he would start him against Germany. They get paid good money for this. Clown.

Another ex England player that couldn't cut it as a manager

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Another ex England player that couldn't cut it as a manager

I've noticed this, ex managers and mates of Southgate all say no Jack, good managers and pundits are clammering for creativity. 

Southgate out asap

• Like 1

Â