Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If we want to progress we need to.  I think bringing in Buendia, Bailey and Ings is amazing but we already had a CAM issue with Barkley and now we’ve lost a massive talent in Jack.  I think last season we were massively short for a European push in quality.  I have to believe we are serious about an European place push so I think a massive fee will go out for quality.  We have the money, we have the need and the market especially in Europe is struggling so it seems the perfect time to strike. 

Won’t it affect ”massive signings” that they agreed to pay in 3 installments? Surely we can’t go big when we only have 1/3 of the money now?*

*I know nothing of how these finances work so I could be wrong.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Won’t it affect ”massive signings” that they agreed to pay in 3 installments? Surely we can’t go big when we only have 1/3 of the money now?

1) where did you get that from, I haven’t heard that.  I heard we are getting most if not all upfront as part of the structure of the deal as City have 60m from sales.

2) we can pay in instalments for the players we want to buy

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Won’t it affect ”massive signings” that they agreed to pay in 3 installments? Surely we can’t go big when we only have 1/3 of the money now?

The whole amount will be registered in the P column regardless of payment terms. 

We’ve got buckets of FFP headroom, if the owners want to spend. Picking up distressed assets at bargain prices is what these guys do. Lange and his team probably aren’t getting much sleep at the moment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

1) where did you get that from, I haven’t heard that.  I heard we are getting most if not all upfront as part of the structure of the deal as City have 60m from sales.

2) we can pay in instalments for the players we want to buy

Didn’t even think of #2.

The Athletic article stated they’d be paying us in installments over 3 years.(not 3 installments, my bad). Hadn’t heard the 60m part though.

15 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Won’t it affect ”massive signings” that they agreed to pay in 3 installments? Surely we can’t go big when we only have 1/3 of the money now?*

*I know nothing of how these finances work so I could be wrong.

90% of transfers are paid in installments.  Probably Budenia, Ings, Bailey are being paid for installments. 

Paying in one go is very much the exception. I really would forget all about payment schedules it's not an issue one way or the other.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Inter have been in the Champions league for how many seasons over the past decade ? And I’m supposed to feel sorry for them ? They’ve been mismanaged …

Football has had its soul sold unfortunately, these “elite” have tried to insulate themselves from the rest using FFP as a tool, over extended themselves and then tried to either mortgage their way out or breakaway to the super league.

Everyone else is playing by the rules, they think they don’t have to and unfortunately it’s the fans that suffer.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Their fans have been living the life of champions leagues and world superstars based on mismanagement, and were enjoying every minute.

Seems the world didn’t learn from the Leeds lesson of many years ago.  

No sympathy from me.  These big clubs will always find a buyer, I wouldn’t worry.  Plenty of billionaires around to save any club worth its salt (as we found out)

Well not many clubs self generate the money they spend and we're near the top of those that don't. 

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Alright,  so who is the next signing?

I am going to Guess it will be Takefusa Kubo from Real Madrid and Kamara from Marseille. Both talented players.

• Like 1

I honestly think we’ll see Ward-Prowse, Cantwell and either Axel or Cahill joining before the window slams shut.

If that happens then El G, Hourihane, Wesley, Ramsey could go out on loan or get permanent moves.

Edited by ferguson1

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I have no idea what a couple of midweek runouts against FC Benidorm is supposed to say about his ability.

Yeah ok, if he wasn’t good enough he wouldn’t be at manure, they have a habit of releasing their own who aren’t up to the level required.

Your not even serious when you make statements, maybe check your facts on how many games and who he played against.

7 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Playing CL football is a terrible metric for the quality of a player. What matters is the context of how he ended up playing CL football. A first team player for Bayern Munich who played CL football isn't the same as a backup at Chelsea who got given a run out for a couple of minutes for example.

It’s also terrible when some don’t get their facts right because they’ve created a narrative on what they believe a player is. If they looked they would notice that the player was only reported injured  for 4 games of last years PL season and another 4 games where he was out of the squad, for every other game he either played or was in the squad, hardly injury prone.

He played 90 against PSG and 45 in  a couple of games in the CL he played in 5 of Utd 6 games, plus Europa league games etc.

He’s a squad player in the second best team in the country, but apparently not good enough for Villa, who doesn’t meet the injury prone narrative, laughable.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Didn’t even think of #2.

The Athletic article stated they’d be paying us in installments over 3 years.(not 3 installments, my bad). Hadn’t heard the 60m part though.

City made near 30m just from Harrison to Leeds and sell on fee Sancho to Manure

• Like 1