Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, LockStockVilla said:

Our new set piece coach does speak Japanese so could be very useful. 😄 When MacPhee was at hearts, we actually had a Japanese Winger on loan for Manchester City and McPhee served as his translator. 

Strategy Memes

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

How would people feel if we signed Zaha from Palace? 

No Thanks, would stink the place out. He would be sulking most of the time. 

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

How would people feel if we signed Zaha from Palace? 

We've just gotten rid of one player who sulks and throws his arms in the air when things don't go his way, let's not replace him with this guy.

• Like 1

Buendia, Ings and Bailey all have higher Goals than their xG and higher assists than the xA for last two seasons. We've been going from a situation where we score less goals than expected via xG (6.9 less goals than our xG). Only Jack, Traore and McGinn had positive xG and xA last season.

Cantwell is another with both positive xG and xA who can be a big improvement on El Ghazi 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we keep spending I have a feeling that we'll win either the FA Cup or League cup this season 

Well it might work because City like buying the league so that strategy seems to work.

Apologies if I’m late with this one, but occurs to me that Deano has some history of having best players sold on and having to re-galvanise the team with new blood.  Seems his time at Brentford was perfect schooling for moving Villa quickly forward, as a team, post-Grealish?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Apologies if I’m late with this one, but occurs to me that Deano has some history of having best players sold on and having to re-galvanise the team with new blood.  Seems his time at Brentford was perfect schooling for moving Villa quickly forward, as a team, post-Grealish?

Haven't thought of it in this way - Don Smith!

• Like 1

Repubblica in Italy reporting that Spurs have made a bid of 20m Euros for Damsgaard. Sampdoria want closer to 40m Euros.

Not considered a super reliable outlet but thought I'd mention it as his name has appeared a few times here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

That’s a good point. Think the only big difference is that his team’s were never heavily reliant on a single player like we’ve been with Jack.