Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

He was, but he is also our best CB and I don't want to pull him out of that position unless he is injured or rested.

Equally, he (as with Axel) is not great at getting forward and we would lose that from the RB position.  It would appear that Guilbert has had quite a productive season going forward?

I agree with your first point that I want Konsa at CB but I actually think he’s handy going forward, albeit not in the normal style of a full back. But I really like Guilbert so I’m all for him being involved.

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Not sure where I saw it but someone mentioned a Japanese player named Kamada earlier. I just read on Twitter that our new set piece coach is fluent in Japanese 🤔

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier today. MacPhee is indeed fluent in Japanese. When he was a coach at Hearts, there was actually a Japanese player from Citeh (Ryotaro Meshino) Hearts had on loan who did not speak a lick of English. MacPhee served as his translator/minder. 

edit: The video above suggest he spoke minimal English :) . He was a crap player for us though (thanks Citeh). 

Edited by LockStockVilla
more info

2 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier today. MacPhee is indeed fluent in Japanese. When he was a coach at Hearts, there was actually a Japanese player from Citeh (Ryotaro Meshino) Hearts had on loan who did not speak a lick of English. MacPhee served as his translator/minder. 

Interesting right? Daichi Kamada is reported as being chased by 4 clubs of which Spurs and Watford are supposedly two of them. Reported fee of around 25m euros. 25 year old attacking midfielder who is a 6 footer. 

Imagine... 

Messi on a free on 400k wages per week for 2 years - paid for by Jack departing lol. 

Imagine... Pep sees Messi is now available and decides to pull the plug on the Grealish deal to afford Messi's wages lol. 

For £25m, we'd be mad not to go for Kamada. I'm sure Lange has already thought about him!

However, I think any more signings we make will be UK based, as the club indicated months ago. Bailey was the wildcard this year.