Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I've just collected something from Sutton Coldfield via Facebook Marketplace and went along the small roads. Passed Bodymoor Heath and there was quite a lot of activity going on, looked like youth team players were being minibussed somewhere aswell. Hopefully we hear something before close of play today regarding another signing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I've just collected something from Sutton Coldfield via Facebook Marketplace and went along the small roads. Passed Bodymoor Heath and there was quite a lot of activity going on, looked like youth team players were being minibussed somewhere aswell. Hopefully we hear something before close of play today regarding another signing!

Not sure if it is relevant to what you saw but the first team were being coached back from London today

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Not sure if it is relevant to what you saw but the first team were being coached back from London today

ah okay, i don't think it was any of them as this was 2 white minibus type transports and seemed to be very young fresh faced lads in...hopefully one or 2 for the future in there!

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

Sounds like Bailey’s family have arrived. 

haha lol that would be interesting! out of likes otherwise I would give you one, the laughing face one....would be interesting if we do sign any of the players from phoenix academy in due course though. perhaps we discover a gem when the youngsters play them

26 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

No offence but, how could tou just pass by? You could have got your phone out and become a Twitter legend this evening! 

26 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

ah okay, i don't think it was any of them as this was 2 white minibus type transports and seemed to be very young fresh faced lads in...hopefully one or 2 for the future in there!

dont most of the youth team live in digs and get minibused around?

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Arsenal want everyone apparently. Locatelli, Aouar, Odegaard, Maddison. I bet Smith Rowe will be delighted he’s sticking around if they get some of those.

...and Lautaro Martinéz. If they get a few of those they will have some squad next season. (Odegaard is not going)

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

dont most of the youth team live in digs and get minibused around?

i'm not sure tbh, would make sense though. I think back in the day if they lived out of the area they were hosted by local families, but quite a lot of these lads are from the midlands and west broms academy. However many of them are probably under 17 and don't have driving licences, so would make sense that they are ferried to and from home

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

100% agree.

Whilst I really like Axel he was not great at RB when Bruce played him there - remember when Axel was at RB and Jedi was at CB? 🙄

Konsa was good a RB end of last season when Hause played CB with Mings. 

I accept going in with 7 defenders not optimal situation and Guilbert remaining makes most sense

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Konsa was good a RB end of last season when Hause played CB with Mings. 

I accept going in with 7 defenders not optimal situation and Guilbert remaining makes most sense

He was, but he is also our best CB and I don't want to pull him out of that position unless he is injured or rested.

Equally, he (as with Axel) is not great at getting forward and we would lose that from the RB position.  It would appear that Guilbert has had quite a productive season going forward?