Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why would we play Watkins out of position?

1) he's a better player than cantwell

2) its not really out of position depending on how you set it up

3) cantwell is not good enough anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Imagine if we get Cantwell and JWP, might as well rename ourselves to Aston Norwichampton FC

If Grealish goes today, but we bring in Cantwell and Ward-Prowse, that would be excellent.

Edited by jacketspuds

This could turn out to be a special window now, if we spend the £100m wisely. I'm so relieved we have Buendia now. I was delighted when we signed him but with he-who-shall-not-be-named going, I'm even happier to know we got him in early. Bailey is a fantastic signing too and adds much need pace and power. And I really wanted another striker to provide competition for Watkins so Ings is a perfect signing for that. Also, Ashley Young, I said at the time was a no-brainer.

Sounds like Tuanzebe will be coming on loan, which I'm not too fussed about really. I didn't really rate him that highly when we had him before but he'll be a decent backup.

Now the key bit, we have the makings of a good squad, but we NEED to fill 2 key positions now to make it a really good squad; a holding midfielder and an attacking midfielder. If we spend big on these two positions, we'll be great.

I hope we don't got for Cantwell as I think we can do much better and definitely get better value too. I really think there is good value in the Bundesliga especially.

Personally, I'd go for someone like Nkunku, Neuhaus, Brekalo, Kamada or Baumgartner. I saw Sabitzer suggested too. Obviously that would be amazing if we pulled that off but isn't he going to Bayern? Saint-Maximin would be incredible too. Jonathan David has also been mentioned. He'd be really exciting too.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Nkunku, Neuhaus, Brekalo, Kamada or Baumgartner

Not sure as as a DM as his defensive stats aren’t all that. Never seen him play though and stats can be misleading.

Yes to both Nkunku and Kamada

90558A35-0A99-4AFD-8441-C86E5B154B73.jpeg

3 minutes ago, string28 said:

Gone really quiet on Dwight McNeil.

Burnley are probably asking for a crazy amount for him. They've shown over the past few seasons that they won't sell players on the cheap, 

It will be interesting to see if we go a LW now or an ACM as that might point to where Buendia and Bailey are likely to play as I know Buendia tended to play RW and Bailey has played LW previously. 

If we sign a LW it’s Buendia as the No10 I would imagine with Bailey RW

19 minutes ago, burchy said:

Not sure as as a DM as his defensive stats aren’t all that. Never seen him play though and stats can be misleading.

Yes to both Nkunku and Kamada

90558A35-0A99-4AFD-8441-C86E5B154B73.jpeg

Yeah he's not a DM. Looks like he's played as a deep-lying creative player this season alongside a solid DM (Kramer or Zakaria). Seen him couple of times live and both he's played further forward than that, once as once of 2 CMs in a 4-1-4-1 and the second time on the left of a 4-4-2 which had both Kramer and Zakaria in the centre.

We are going to have more balance in our play now that the captain is leaving.

What I’m really excited about was that the Ings signing caught everyone off guard. This tells me that whoever we are interested in we cannot 100% call it.

• Like 2