Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Manuel Locatelli would be perfect--maybe slightly too ambitious but at the rumoured price of £35m, seems worth a look. Juventus apparently interested but don't seem to be able to afford him.

Read that Arsenal want him. Lets get him!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Again you're still leaving left back short in that case and relying on Targett never getting injured or suspended whilst Young deputises at right back. For the cash you'd get I really don't see the point in selling Guilbert. He's good back up until Kesler returns next summer hopefully ready to push Cash.

If Cash and Targett are both injured we'd play a back 4 of Axel, Konsa, Mings and Young. So we've cover for both full backs being injured

So Jacks gone, all confirmed. 

I feel sad we have lost a player capable of anything at any moment, but we can be a better side without him by improving the other positions to make up for it.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If Cash and Targett are both injured we'd play a back 4 of Axel, Konsa, Mings and Young. So we've cover for both full backs being injured

What if you have an injury crisis like Liverpool did at centre back last season? You should have at least 2 players per position, especially with the squad sizes. Having less than 8 defenders is asking for trouble. It's just not worth the risk. It'd be a different story if you were going to bank big money for Guilbert, but we wouldn't. Might as well keep him as a solid back up.

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

What if you have an injury crisis like Liverpool did at centre back last season? You should have at least 2 players per position, especially with the squad sizes. Having less than 8 defenders is asking for trouble. It's just not worth the risk. It'd be a different story if you were going to bank big money for Guilbert, but we wouldn't. Might as well keep him as a solid back up.

100% agree.

Whilst I really like Axel he was not great at RB when Bruce played him there - remember when Axel was at RB and Jedi was at CB? 🙄

• Like 1

I'm desperate for an out and out DCM(Kamara,Sarr,Guimares,Bissouma) and for me  JWP isnt that however i am a big fan of JWP.

Pulisic would be sick on our left if were talking Left sided players.

Just now, KAZZAM said:

I'm desperate for an out and out DCM(Kamara,Sarr,Guimares,Bissouma) and for me  JWP isnt that however i am a big fan of JWP.

Pulisic would be sick on our left if were talking Left sided players.

I like your ambition, but I can't see Pulisic happening. Still, last week I couldn't see Grealish leaving and Danny Ings joining so you never know.

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

So Jacks gone, all confirmed. 

I feel sad we have lost a player capable of anything at any moment, but we can be a better side without him by improving the other positions to make up for it.

Don’t worry. We still have Traore. We never have any idea of what the hell he’s going to do lol.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

We've tended to get our UK based signings in pretty quick.

I'm wondering if the next "Biggie" will come from overseas.

Looks like Alvarez just isn't in the cards.

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I like your ambition, but I can't see Pulisic happening. Still, last week I couldn't see Grealish leaving and Danny Ings joining so you never know.

I mean yeh its a little ambitious but Chelsea will line up with    Werner -Lukaku - Havertz next season with Ziyech and Hudson odoi as back up. Chelsea might be tempted to cash in on Pulisic if we offered 40 mill odd. 

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I mean yeh its a little ambitious but Chelsea will line up with    Werner -Lukaku - Havertz next season with Ziyech and Hudson odoi as back up. Chelsea might be tempted to cash in on Pulisic if we offered 40 mill odd. 

Get on the blower to Johan