Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I think we lack a right footed left winger of right quality now Jack has left. El Ghazi not good enough. I think that needs to be priority now as much as I want us to add Ward Prowse too. 

Cantwell, Ward Prowse and Axel in. Wesley, Guilbert and El Ghazi out would be a dream window. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I think we lack a right footed left winger of right quality now Jack has left. El Ghazi not good enough. I think that needs to be priority now as much as I want us to add Ward Prowse too. 

Cantwell, Ward Prowse and Axel in. Wesley, Guilbert and El Ghazi out would be a dream window. 

Guilbert? I know Axel can play right back, but he's not exactly the fittest of individuals, and if we're using him there becasue Cash is unavailable we are back to three centre backs again. Madness.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Martinez (Steer)

Cash (Guilbert)

Mings & Konsa (Hause)

Targett (Young)

Luiz (Nakamba)

McGinn /Sanson

El Ghazi ()

Buendia (Ramsey)

Bailey (Traore)

Watkins / Ings (Wesley)

Is that basically our team how it currently stands if we ignore the youth players breaking through? 

Changed you list, we're missing the left wing as we've lost Jack and need another winger now who is left sided and right footed like Cantwell or McNeil

• Thanks 1

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

Guilbert? I know Axel can play right back, but he's not exactly the fittest of individuals, and if we're using him there becasue Cash is unavailable we are back to three centre backs again. Madness.

Axel, Konsa, Young can all play RB

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Buendia...?

Preece tweeting the sick emoji. I’m guessing he’s seen a photo of him in a Man City top via media mates, or something similar.

Be gone now Jack please!

Edited by Rob182
Wrong thread!

Just now, CVByrne said:

Axel, Konsa, Young can all play RB

Again you're still leaving left back short in that case and relying on Targett never getting injured or suspended whilst Young deputises at right back. For the cash you'd get I really don't see the point in selling Guilbert. He's good back up until Kesler returns next summer hopefully ready to push Cash.

Unless Buendia is playing centrally and I'm not sure why he would be as that's not his position, then we need another attacking midfielder, from last season we've lost Barkley, Grealish and Hourihane, I think that's why we were trying to sign Smith Rowe; that Tom Collomosse who broke the Leon Bailey story says that we want a 'versatile attacking midfielder' and that's what I think will happen, with Buendia and Bailey playing wide.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

He doesn't play off the left and if he is our left sided player then we lack a 10. 

He’s a right footer, very good on the left, but still scored most goals with his right.

Under Smith he will either play centrally as you say or on the LW. We need another player who can also do both.

Although, I would also imagine Ings or Watkins will rotate through LW pretty significantly too, Smith may not see it as a need.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Unless Buendia is playing centrally and I'm not sure why he would be as that's not his position, then we need another attacking midfielder, from last season we've lost Barkley, Grealish and Hourihane, I think that's why we were trying to sign Smith Rowe; that Tom Collomosse who broke the Leon Bailey story says that we want a 'versatile attacking midfielder' and that's what I think will happen, with Buendia and Bailey playing wide.

Has Hourihane gone?

1 minute ago, useless said:

He hasn't gone yet but he's likely to, and even if he stays he will rarely play and almost certainly won't be a starter for us.

I like Conor, but if he gets anywhere near starting for us, especiually with the funds we now have available to strengthen, I'd be petrified.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Hope our next signing is a top midfielder. Not too fussed about LW we have plenty of options going forward for the moment. I won't feel at ease until midfield is sorted. 

Do agree. Our midfield (centrally) was our weakest part of the squad last season and didn't offer enough protection for our defence. I really want us to address this as a priority.