Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

59 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That's if he even pays his taxes!

If it makes you feel better, I wrote the exact same post but then checked the two figures again as it made no sense to me why the post had so many likes.

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I have been impressed with ESR ever since his introduction to the first team....good player.

I agree that he has looked a good player in the bits that I have seen.  So has Pereira though!

Have you watched enough of either of them to properly appraise their defensive contributions??

1 hour ago, Villaphil said:

Compare the 2 numbers on the quotes, they are the same.  I believe that was the point that was being made ?

Ah, I just sort of skimmed over it..

55 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Teams know about it and he wants into his feet to roll the ball out to strike but often times with the defence closing him down it has to be a first time shot. 

Your probably right but he needs to be aware of it himself and at times make some adjustments to still be able to shoot, because his shooting was terrific. 

21 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Anyone know anything on him? I just tried saying his name to my google home and my sofa started floating.

My god, I'm convinced now. We really are searching for players with the most bizarre names for our academy.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Lucas Paqueta is midfielder type we lack.

Annoying Lyon effectively used the money we gave them for Traore to sign him on a permanent from Milan.

Just scored again for Brazil.

was crap at Milan and they were happy to get him out the door

4 hours ago, sne said:

Not many Barca players we could potentially afford on wages sadly. Guess someone like Riqui Puig could be an option to ESR, and Koemann apparently dislikes him for whatever reason. But he's tiny so would cause an outrage here.

Todibo and Firpo have already gone and most the rest are pretty unrealistic for different reasons.

the Barcelona Carles Gil, the media and fans have built him up as some saviour but he isnt really that good

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Your probably right but he needs to be aware of it himself and at times make some adjustments to still be able to shoot, because his shooting was terrific. 

He had a remarkable stat which was to only score goals against the three teams that were relegated. He scored against Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford, but no one else.

3 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

He had a remarkable stat which was to only score goals against the three teams that were relegated. He scored against Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford, but no one else.

That’s a surprising stat. Hopefully he was just warming up for Man City, United and Chelsea next season. 

Even better if they are the three relegated clubs. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s a surprising stat. Hopefully he was just warming up for Man City, United and Chelsea next season. 

Even better if they are the three relegated clubs. 🤣

He was Aaron Ramseying entire clubs with his goals.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just because.

Just re-reporting the same news from a few weeks ago that we were already aware of. Schira is known to do this and is generally considered to be very low on the "tier-lists" of Football Journalists when it comes to transfers.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Anyone know anything on him? I just tried saying his name to my google home and my sofa started floating.

From Googling, he seems to be their most exciting academy prospect.  Example quotes:

He said: “Tim Iroegbunam is one to watch in midfield going forward, the club are really excited by him and I can see why.
“He’s only 18 but he’s been playing in the 23s for Deon Burton this season.” said Chapman.
“Tim is Albion’s number 8, a real box-to-box player and he carries the ball really well.
“He has an eye for goal too with two goals and an assist in four games in the FA Youth Cup.
“In short, you can see why the club like the look of him and understand their hopes that he can go on to achieving at least a first team look in the future.”

(Link:  https://birminghameastside.com/iroegbunam-the-man-to-watch-for-villa-showdown/)

Albion fans will be hoping that history does not repeat itself, however, as the next generation of future stars begins to appear.
Rico Richards (below), Zac Ashworth and Jovan Malcom have impressed with the club’s youth teams this season but an 18-year-old midfielder could perhaps be the best of the lot; the diamond in West Brom’s treasure chest.
The Birmingham Mail reports that Iroegbunam has been a regular fixture in the U23 side this season. West Brom, meanwhile, are delighted by the progress he has made recently.  
Iroegbunam has produced four goals and four assists from a nominally defensive midfield role.
If West Brom join Sheffield United in being relegated from the Premier League, the Baggies could be tempted to throw a couple of untested youngsters in at the deep end as they prepare their squad for a return to the Championship.

(Link:  https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/29/report-west-brom-very-excited-about-18-year-old-think-hes-made-brilliant-progress/)  - I've basically pasted the whole article here though, nothing to it other than that.

Edited by bobzy

57 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I agree that he has looked a good player in the bits that I have seen.  So has Pereira though!

Have you watched enough of either of them to properly appraise their defensive contributions??

No, I haven't really.....He just caught my eye some time ago.

I would Love to have him with us....but I have to be honest Barry, Jude Bellingham would be my first choice of any young player....fabulous player, like a Duncan Edwards, in terms of physical specimen and can play anywhere.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Agree. Brighton are probably going to make £80m+ from the sales of White and Bissouma. Clever operation they have running down there.

Selling their best players? 

Clever for Brighton, perhaps. Definitely not a model we should be looking at with envy. 

• Like 3

Tim Iroegbunam, there's another one to our long list of guys who will be a headache for the poor sods putting the names at the back of the jerseys in the fan shop.