Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

52 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Selling their best players? 

Clever for Brighton, perhaps. Definitely not a model we should be looking at with envy. 

Maybe bissouma. But white isn't even their 2nd best CB. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Think he had an international correspondent on his show who talked about Alvarez comparing him to Gary Shaw. So no wonder he likes him

He had Vickery on? Not afaik.

Vickery made that comment (Shaw) and called him class on a BBC podcast.

50 minutes ago, sne said:

Tim Iroegbunam, there's another one to our long list of guys who will be a headache for the poor sods putting the names at the back of the jerseys in the fan shop.

Our youth recruiter out here trolling with Chukwuemeka, Philogene-bidace and Iroegbunam. 

Just now, Jas10 said:

He had Vickery on? Not afaik.

Vickery made that comment (Shaw) and called him class on a BBC podcast.

Maybe it wasn't him. But there was definitely an actual Villa podcast that had I think Vickery on comparing him to Shaw. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Maybe it wasn't him. But there was definitely an actual Villa podcast that had I think Vickery on comparing him to Shaw. 

Yep, someone linked it in the Alvarez thread. Was a BBC one.

Vickery knows his stuff, if he rates him so highly then we shouldn’t hesitate for a second… bring the 🕷 in!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It was on the world football phone in, not anything villa related.

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Think he had an international correspondent on his show who talked about Alvarez comparing him to Gary Shaw. So no wonder he likes him

If it wasn't for injury, Shaw would have won a numerous amount of caps for England. The only English forward I've seen play who was comparable to Dalglish. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If it wasn't for injury, Shaw would have won a numerous amount of caps for England. The only English forward I've seen play who was comparable to Dalglish. 

Shaw was well before my time, could you share more about him? What was his main position and attributes?

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think Wilmar Barrios is the type of player we need in midfield. As he plays in Russia I assume he would be gettable?

Looks a bit shit mate, I want us to go for B. Kamara…

Barrios:

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Southampton were one of the earliest examples of this kind of business. They were doing very well at it for a while as well.

The well eventually goes dry if you keep the sane turnover every summer and show little ambition. For every van Dijk you get a Wesley Hoedt

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Barrios:

spacer.png

You need to view the complete scouting reports on FBRef to get a fairer representation of players in fairness. Those more basic tables tend to make most DMs look quite limited when in actuality Barrios' passing stats are generally above average (whilst granted not being anything special) along with his high defensive contributions.

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Barrios:

spacer.png

Those stats aren't that bad for a DM imo. Most of the red is concentrated in all the attacking stats which whilst nice to have, isn't a make or break kind of thing for a DM. Low progressive passes is deceptive, his total progressive passing distance is a lot higher.

Those defensive stats are pretty good. Actually pretty difficult to find someone who is above 50 in all defensive categories and Barrios is close here. Just his aerials are a bit concerning. Pretty poor aerial win percentage as well.

I will say though playing for the Russian Premier League and not posting elite stats means I'd still rather look somewhere else.