Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I really can't see us spending anything on a DM, I don't think Smith wants or needs one. Our defensive record playing without one, and even when using Nakamba was fine. I think this window is all about increasing the creativity.

Fully agree with a small caveat. If we start hearing about either Douglas or Nakamba leaving then a new DM is on the way. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Fully agree with a small caveat. If we start hearing about either Douglas or Nakamba leaving then a new DM is on the way. 

Yeah that makes sense, but currently it doesn't look like either are going anywhere. Like all things in football that could easily change though. It'll be interesting to see who is in there for the first game (if no new centre mids sign) because Luiz is going to be unavailable due to the Olympics.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No one, free agent. Strongly rumoured to be signing another Barcelona deal soon. 

What a surprise. I hope he doesn't keep bitching on about it. At least Ronaldo has the balls to move when he wants to.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Preece said we like Romeu I think so it's not impossible, but I think we're going to spend the majority on attacking reinforcements, and a replacement for Engels and then see where we are. Who knows though, only the management team, hence why there's so many rumours, and most are probably baseless.

Actually percy 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen this..

"Concerning Pape Matar Sarr, negotiations suspended with Aston Villa who did not offer enough. Newcastle and Watford are also interested in the player"

Think this might be a simple negotiating tactic - I think Pape Sarr is still with the Senegal National Team for the SOAFA Cup.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wes said:

"Concerning Pape Matar Sarr, negotiations suspended with Aston Villa who did not offer enough. Newcastle and Watford are also interested in the player"

Think this might be a simple negotiating tactic - I think Pape Sarr is still with the Senegal National Team for the SOAFA Cup.

If we’re not offering enough then Newcastle have zero chance of getting him. Probably Watford too.

Just now, rayk said:

If we’re not offering enough then Newcastle have zero chance of getting him. Probably Watford too.

Like I say, I think this is just a negotiating tactic. Club or Agent putting it out in the media to try to get Villa to "speed things up".

French clubs need money due to the drop in TV revenue so it could be Metz haggling for more, or needing the money earlier so they can do their own deals - can't really blame for that.

I think the fact the player liked all our stuff on Social Media and so on was very telling. Nothing's going to happen over the next week whilst Senegal are in this South African tournament anyway - much like with all the players currently at the Euros.

• Like 1

He could just be being priced higher than we intend to spend on a player in that position. The only hint of a reliable report we've heard is that we're going to go big-ish on another attacking player and will look to get in more modestly-priced options at DM and CB, but if the talk of £20 million+ for Sarr is correct it's conceivable that Villa would swerve it. Who knows though.

On a tangent I think Brighton signing Mwepu will prove to be extremely shrewd. Cracking player by all accounts.

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

On a tangent I think Brighton signing Mwepu will prove to be extremely shrewd. Cracking player by all accounts.

Agree. Brighton are probably going to make £80m+ from the sales of White and Bissouma. Clever operation they have running down there.

I think we’ll add a AMC and a DM and then look to have two options for each of the three spots, depending on how offensive/defensive we set up. 

So we’ll have 

Sanson, McGinn, Chuckwuemeka, Luiz, Nakamba, AMC and DM. Ramsay will go out on loan I would think. 

I think the DM slot will be new/Nakamba and the AMC new/Chuk. The rest will be picked dependant on form although I see Sanson and McGinn in direct competition. Perhaps the JWP links are the Luiz competition? Chuk covers multiple spots potentially.

7-8 players for 3 spots, I may be completely wrong though. 

Sarr looks raw to me which is to be expected considering his age. I do like that he has a good shot on him though. Would be good to get someone in that can score a few screamers. 

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Sarr looks raw to me which is to be expected considering his age. I do like that he has a good shot on him though. Would be good to get someone in that can score a few screamers. 

I agree, which makes me ask, what happened to Dougie’s thunderous shooting? He never seems to pull the trigger these days. 

16 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He could just be being priced higher than we intend to spend on a player in that position. The only hint of a reliable report we've heard is that we're going to go big-ish on another attacking player and will look to get in more modestly-priced options at DM and CB, but if the talk of £20 million+ for Sarr is correct it's conceivable that Villa would swerve it. Who knows though.

They are so so smart.

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree, which makes me ask, what happened to Dougie’s thunderous shooting? He never seems to pull the trigger these days. 

Teams know about it and he wants into his feet to roll the ball out to strike but often times with the defence closing him down it has to be a first time shot. 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

What a surprise. I hope he doesn't keep bitching on about it. At least Ronaldo has the balls to move when he wants to.

I think clubs are rather more happy to get rid of Ronaldo too which helps.  

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think clubs are rather more happy to get rid of Ronaldo too which helps.  

Yeah, guaranteed minimum of 40 goals a season and an extra c.500,000 shirt sales a season is just fking horrible am I right. 

• Haha 4