Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

You need to view the complete scouting reports on FBRef to get a fairer representation of players in fairness. Those more basic tables tend to make most DMs look quite limited when in actuality Barrios' passing stats are generally above average (whilst granted not being anything special) along with his high defensive contributions.

It's his defensive contribution. Exactly what we are missing to free up McGinn, Luiz and from what I recall he is better passing wise than Nakamba.

His stats aren’t atrocious/terrible, he’s definitely better than Nakamba at least (go and take a look!) but we need more than someone who can just defend and intercept at DM. We don’t need a brute, we need a player with quality on the ball who is dominant and assertive. To help us control possession and dictate play. We need someone who can pass the ball well and keep it under pressure, while being a screen and protective barrier for the defence. Some aerial prowess and strength would be welcome too and Kamara has that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Those stats aren't that bad for a DM imo. Most of the red is concentrated in all the attacking stats which whilst nice to have, isn't a make or break kind of thing for a DM. Low progressive passes is deceptive, his total progressive passing distance is a lot higher.

Those defensive stats are pretty good. Actually pretty difficult to find someone who is above 50 in all defensive categories and Barrios is close here. Just his aerials are a bit concerning. Pretty poor aerial win percentage as well.

I will say though playing for the Russian Premier League and not posting elite stats means I'd still rather look somewhere else. 

Bang on.

55 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think Wilmar Barrios is the type of player we need in midfield. As he plays in Russia I assume he would be gettable?

Screenshot_20210706-171533_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Feeney is very highly rated, only turned sixteen last month has already made Fleetwood's first team squad and was also wanted by Man Utd and Leeds. England U16 international and captain as well.

• Like 1

Obligatory highlights video (which appears to only contain content from 3 games, but the workhorses that are YouTube player highlight creators can only work with what they have):

3 hours ago, TRO said:

No, I haven't really.....He just caught my eye some time ago.

I would Love to have him with us....but I have to be honest Barry, Jude Bellingham would be my first choice of any young player....fabulous player, like a Duncan Edwards, in terms of physical specimen and can play anywhere.

Not a patch on Chuckwuemeka ...... so Christian tells me!! 🤔😉

6'4" at 15? (I know he's 16 now.) What kind of oats are they feeding him up there? Also that video made him look a heck of a lot better than Maguire has been for England. A right footed centre back will be a nice addition to the youngsters too.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Feeney is 6ft 4  and only 16 so he atleast passes the Elphick test which will please some. 

yep.

9 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

6'4" at 15? (I know he's 16 now.) What kind of oats are they feeding him up there? Also that video made him look a heck of a lot better than Maguire has been for England. A right footed centre back will be a nice addition to the youngsters too.

was it a typo ,did you mean goats.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2