Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I see Wolves and Leeds have already taken players from them…

I hope we can start to move away (create distance) and elevate ourselves above these kinds of teams (and this pair in particular!) from next season…

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Now you’re talking!

I don’t think we’d have much of a chance attracting players like that though. I’m sure Barca will do everything in their power to hold onto their most prized assets…

Best to target the undervalued or under appreciated players in their squad that could turn out to be awesome for us…

Someone like Riqui Puig might be a shout. Only 21 and barca aren't going to give him a look in. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Someone like Riqui Puig might be a shout. Only 21 and barca aren't going to give him a look in. 

I’ve heard that name before… I think a few ppl here were discussing him some time ago and his apparent availability.

20 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I would have been interested in ousmane before his racist comments.

I wasn’t aware of that but just looked it up. Griezmann too?

I’m disgusted, I certainly won’t be viewing them in the same light. Idiots.

Even happier that France were knocked out and embarrassed, all those egos…

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Lucas Paqueta is midfielder type we lack.

Annoying Lyon effectively used the money we gave them for Traore to sign him on a permanent from Milan.

Just scored again for Brazil.

Fits the bill.

55 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

For as good as a player he is and personality on the pitch, the money Messi has been on is truly ridiculous. Barca are paying the price in more ways than one…

It would be best for the sake of Barca as a club to let him move on… I know he would possibly be sacrificing legendary status and the renown of a “one club man” but the health and future of the club is more important…

These clubs are too reckless…and it’s not like the players are going to refuse these riches and not continue to demand more…

American football analyst showed a comparable with NFL stars

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

American football analyst showed a comparable with NFL stars

They need to let him go… let another club take on that financial burden. I know he brings in a lot commercially too in terms of shirt sales and merchandise but still, it doesn’t cover it. 

If Citeh could take him on it could eliminate their interest in Jack too, for the short term at least.

Can’t see many candidates who could afford him. Juventus have already had a taste with Ronaldo and would like to move him on.

Barca have enjoyed the best of Messi Even if he takes a paycut, I doubt it will be substantial.

It’s painful for the romantics and devoted fans but there is more to consider… again, the club matters more.

At this rate, Barca will end up a mid table La Liga team with a team of overpaid old fogeys and has beens. Unless they completely change their approach, stop trying to chase and fail at achieving instant success and invest and concentrate on their youth. It’s unlikely to happen due to pressure and demands. But they could implode if they don’t change.

They’ve lost their way badly and become more like their bitter rivals. Barca had so much more appeal due to their focus on their youth and bringing players through. They strayed from that and have ended up wasting millions on high profile targets and a lot of shite to be frank. Players like the ageing Vidal and Paulinho should never have been playing for a club of that size and class. There are even worse examples.

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

They need to let him go… let another club take on that financial burden. I know he brings in a lot commercially too in terms of shirt sales and merchandise but still, it doesn’t cover it. 

If Citeh could take him on it could eliminate their interest in Jack too, for the short term at least.

Can’t see many candidates who could afford him. Juventus have already had a taste with Ronaldo and would like to move him on.

Barca have enjoyed the best of Messi Even if he takes a paycut, I doubt it will be substantial.

It’s painful for the romantics and devoted fans but there is more to consider… again, the club matters more.

At this rate, Barca will end up a mid table La Liga team with a team of overpaid old fogeys and has beens. Unless they completely change their approach, stop trying to chase and fail at achieving instant success and invest and concentrate on their youth. It’s unlikely to happen due to pressure and demands. But they could implode if they don’t change.

They’ve lost their way badly and become more like their bitter rivals. Barca had so much more appeal due to their focus on their youth and bringing players through. They strayed from that and have ended up wasting millions on high profile targets and a lot of shite to be frank. Players like the ageing Vidal and Paulinho should never have been playing for a club of that size and class. There are even worse examples.

I think courthnio is a good example, who I’m there right mind would say he was worth £120 million it really strikes me as lazy running of a club that used to bring through xavi, inesta etc. I have looked at Barca for the last 6-7 years and thought how they operate now makes very little sense to me which is also how I used to view us until Our owners came on board now it all seems to make sense  

And this, ladies and gentleman, is why they were so desperate for the super league.

The rest of the super league clubs will not be far behind.  And I hope they all get hit with 20 point deductions like they do with the smaller clubs when they hit administration.

These clubs have been collecting players on ridiculous wages for far too long.  And their ridiculous contracts have been forcing everyone else to compete.  Average players getting huge salaries.  

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Thug said:

And this, ladies and gentleman, is why they were so desperate for the super league.

The rest of the super league clubs will not be far behind.  And I hope they all get hit with 20 point deductions like they do with the smaller clubs when they hit administration.

These clubs have been collecting players on ridiculous wages for far too long.  And their ridiculous contracts have been forcing everyone else to compete.  Average players getting huge salaries.  

Yep, the Super League and the financial problems were positioned as “we are the big teams and we are just giving the fans and the world what they want with our wage bills and huge squads”

Other than their younger players who probably are not on those wages I don’t want many Barca players. I think Dembele is a terrible player. We will have De Jong, Pedri and Fati though.

• Like 1

Paqueta has scored in the last two Brazil games now so annoyingly we might not be able to afford him. He would be perfect for us though (imho)

come on Agent Dougie, do ya thing. Also likes a dance goal celebration, we’ve missed that since…Happy Albert Adomah GIF by Nottingham Forest