Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Now that Messi has gone, think that puts them to a 150 million wage bill.

Yep, removes £100m a year from the wage bill per year. 

Also removes 60 goal contributions per season from the team as well.

Not many Barca players we could potentially afford on wages sadly. Guess someone like Riqui Puig could be an option to ESR, and Koemann apparently dislikes him for whatever reason. But he's tiny so would cause an outrage here.

Todibo and Firpo have already gone and most the rest are pretty unrealistic for different reasons.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Yep, removes £100m a year from the wage bill per year. 

Also removes 60 goal contributions per season from the team as well.

His replacement in the team should be able to chip in, probably no where to the levels of him obviously but its not exactly a straight loss of 60 goal contributions.

wonder how much we have to spend this season?

Assuming £100m?

Spent:

- 33m on Buendia

Received:

- 5.5m for Samatta?

- 2-4m for Engels?

Net Spend - roughly 25m?

So that may imply we still have 75m to spend?, if so i think it should be 35m ish on a CAM, 30m ish on a DM & 10m of a CD?

I might even be tempted to try and get a central defender on a free or a loan as backup to what we have now, then spend the full 75m on a DM & CAM?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Assuming £100m?

Spent:

- 33m on Buendia

Received:

- 5.5m for Samatta?

- 2-4m for Engels?

Net Spend - roughly 25m?

So that may imply we still have 75m to spend?, if so i think it should be 35m ish on a CAM, 30m ish on a DM & 10m of a CD?

I might even be tempted to try and get a central defender on a free or a loan as backup to what we have now, then spend the full 75m on a DM & CAM?

This is my thinking/hope too.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Assuming £100m?

Spent:

- 33m on Buendia

Received:

- 5.5m for Samatta?

- 2-4m for Engels?

Net Spend - roughly 25m?

I really can't see us spending anything on a DM, I don't think Smith wants or needs one. Our defensive record playing without one, and even when using Nakamba was fine. I think this window is all about increasing the creativity.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Not many Barca players we could potentially afford on wages sadly. Guess someone like Riqui Puig could be an option to ESR, and Koemann apparently dislikes him for whatever reason. But he's tiny so would cause an outrage here.

Todibo and Firpo have already gone and most the rest are pretty unrealistic for different reasons.

I think we'd be OK with him as long as he's taller than 2ft 3ins Tommy Elphick.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I think we'd be OK with him as long as he's taller than 2ft 3ins Tommy Elphick.

Just barely so should be fine then :D 

16 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I really can't see us spending anything on a DM, I don't think Smith wants or needs one. Our defensive record playing without one, and even when using Nakamba was fine. I think this window is all about increasing the creativity.

It's been reported, over the past few weeks. Can't remember exactly when, but i'm pretty sure it was one of our reputable journalists:

Saying a DM IS a priority, but we won't be looking for an expensive option.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That’ll be one from France then most probably considering the issues they have.

Sarr, Kamara, Caqueret, take your pick. I think the latter two might be in the 15-20m bracket.

Mahmoud Dahoud at Dortmund looks tidy, expensive though

• Like 1

I think we’ll spend more than reported though, especially as we have a real opportunity at the moment, compared to other clubs, to take advantage of the transfer market post Covid. Time will tell though I guess

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's been reported, over the past few weeks. Can't remember exactly when, but i'm pretty sure it was one of our reputable journalists:

Preece said we like Romeu I think so it's not impossible, but I think we're going to spend the majority on attacking reinforcements, and a replacement for Engels and then see where we are. Who knows though, only the management team, hence why there's so many rumours, and most are probably baseless.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can see this but wonder then if somebody is going to leave.  Let’s say we get ESR or equivalent then we only have two midfield positions left yet we have McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey and now a new DM.  Sanson has only just come in, Ramsey is from our youth so I doubt we’ll sell him, maybe a loan but no indication of that yet.  So if we do get in a DM does that mean either Luiz or McGinn may leave? If they do that pays for the DM budget wise.  It’s hard seeing us having five midfielders for two spots in the squad otherwise.  To me it seems that if we do get a DM it pays for itself by somebody leaving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Preece said we like Romeu I think so it's not impossible, but I think we're going to spend the majority on attacking reinforcements, and a replacement for Engels and then see where we are. Who knows though, only the management team, hence why there's so many rumours, and most are probably baseless.

I agree, with the amount of midfielders (except for CAMs) getting in another without somebody leaving would seem unlikely.