Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

......By the description of Tim Iroegbunam, he is my kind of player, been waiting for such a player in our academy.

Sounds really promising ,if he signs for us.

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Selling their best players? 

Clever for Brighton, perhaps. Definitely not a model we should be looking at with envy. 

Leicester do the same thing at a higher level. 

Maguire, chillwell, Kante, drinkwater (which was basically theft) all sold. Younger replacements. 

If you have the correct recruitment team it's the only way to go unless you can suddenly jump to man u, Liverpool levels of revenue. Or bank rolled endlessly. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Leicester do the same thing at a higher level. 

Maguire, chillwell, Kante, drinkwater (which was basically theft) all sold. Younger replacements. 

If you have the correct recruitment team it's the only way to go unless you can suddenly jump to man u, Liverpool levels of revenue. Or bank rolled endlessly. 

I think Southampton were one of the earliest examples of this kind of business. They were doing very well at it for a while as well.

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Lots of chat about journo tier lists. 

someone care to make a Villa one?

Percy being top tier  obz

Percy is the only one worth a damn anymore.  Anyone else who covers Villa for their orgs (Evans, Preece, Nursey, etc.) don't have a clue.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

so 3 tiers 

Percy

Everyone else

Villareport

I don’t think there are any decent ones…

Percy just confirms deals or bids, and is always spot on, but not much more than that…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Percy just confirms deals or bids, and is always spot on, but not much more than that…

Long may it continue. It might be frustrating or boring but it’s good business to keep the cards close. 

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Percy is the only one worth a damn anymore.  Anyone else who covers Villa for their orgs (Evans, Preece, Nursey, etc.) don't have a clue.

Evans hates us so whatever he says I take with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Tim Iroegbunam, there's another one to our long list of guys who will be a headache for the poor sods putting the names at the back of the jerseys in the fan shop.

Tim?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I love Percy because he confirms bids or deals but in terms of exclusives there is nothing.  He basically just reports when things are done.