Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we bring in an American. They are starting to get some good youth through, so fits in the model of the club but will also help build a bigger support over there.

I keep thinking that Daryl Dike would be one of our targets if we are after a striker (backup). 

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sargent would be a Major signing. 

Generally speaking, I would keep these jokes private if you want to avoid corporal punishment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jacob Ramsey got 6 starts and ~600 PL minutes this year. If the thought is Chuk and JPB should see something similar next year then I'm not sure we will see that RW or CAM purchase.

Think the big signing will be a right footed LW. That way our 2 CAMS are Jack and Chuk. JPB can cover RW til Trez recovers. 

The other signing will be a midfielder of some sort. My preference would be a better version of Nakamba.  A "6" but one who can help more on the possession side. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Carney and Jaden wil be like 2 new signings anyway.

Doubt we'll see more than 1-2 signings this summer

I see lionising the youth is your new shtick.

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

No Traore will not be our ST unless all of the others have significant issues. Most on here are just saying that we don’t require one because we still have Traore as a 4th-5th option.

I am happy to be proven wrong but I haven’t seen anything from Smith that would suggest a new ST. We do know though he’s against stockpiling players and arguably the ST position is our most stockpiled IMO

That is essentially what I'm saying though. If you refer back to the start of the topic, Traore was offered as an option in response to points made by posters about how Davis and Wesley are not good enough in their opinion, based on having an "excellent" track record as a striker. As you allude to yourself that doesn't seem particularly realistic considering at this moment in time he appears to be 4th choice at best in the position and hasn't played a single minute of football there for us.

That's all I'm arguing really, that I don't think he seems to be a viable back-up option because I can only see him being used there in an emergency context and nothing has suggested Smith would have any intention on using him there.

Whether we sign a striker or not is whatever to me as it's not an obvious priority, I just wouldn't be shocked to see it happen is all. Particularly if at least one of Davis or Wes were to leave which in the case of a loan move I'd probably expect to take place.

I genuinely believe and hope we will be going for quality not quantity. We are now seeing youth players come in to supplement the numbers. 

Tuanzebe in for CB and RB cover. Engels out.

Guilbert back For LB cover 

40 million + holding midfielder 

40 million + winger / attacker 

Sanson will be like a new signing once bedded in and a pre season. 

Edited by pas5898