Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is buendia any bettee than lookman? Im not so sure.

And half the price i would imagine

Can't speak for Buendia as I've never watched him properly but Lookman is awful. I follow Leipzig and he was garbage for them (hence them shipping him off to Fulham). Can't say I've watched Fulham much this season so not sure how he's got on there but haven't heard his name mentioned really.

Luiz has been better than Neves over the last few seasons, can guarantee if we signed Neves and he was performing like he has for Wolves for us then it wouldn't take long for people to moan about how inaffective he is, the odd long pass aside or shot from distance, he's basically become the typical midfielder that doesn't do much but play simple passes.

Then again in a new team might regain some of his previous form, but would only be inter

• Like 1

Regarding Neves, would be quite funny to see him go. All Wolves fans did was slate him when he played against us both times this year. They are so fickle... unlike us. :detect:

Key questions around the squad for our youth team - who can become a genuine squad player next season (or even better)?

Kesler, Chuk, Ramsey the younger, Young, Barry, JPB, Marschall?
Plus out on loan (so perhaps out of view) we've got Sinisolo, Revan the elder and Tyreik Wright. 

There are others, but I am guessing these are our best hopes, for next year with the likes of Revan the younger, Chrisene, Raikhy, Swinkels and Bogarde progressing well but perhaps a year further back.

Clearly loans may benefit some, but we need to make sure that we aren't spending a fortune on a player to come in and stifle these guys progression.

Perhaps a couple of freebies would help? Just off the top of my head, Cahill and Benteke are out of contract at Palace. Rather than a big fee, maybe a short term deal for these would give us time to develop these players.
And this would leave the big money available for that DCM so many of us want - but doesn't seem to be at the club at any level at the moment.

10 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

not sure smith will want to buy anyone

He's already said he wants quality additions and the way he was talking expects to get them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is buendia any bettee than lookman? Im not so sure.

And half the price i would imagine

I'm not buying into the buendia hype but he's a good player and would be a good signing. I don't think lookman would improve us, for all the hate Traore gets for his inconsistency he's still a better player than lookman.

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

**** yeah, he's class just had a rough year.

Can't see us being able to get him but it would absolutely kill their fans.

I've always thought he was overrated. We don't need another Sanson/Luiz we need a destroyer. 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I can understand the reasons for not wanting to spend 30m + on a striker given Ollie is undisputed number one.

However get a bit lost when same posters then go on their targets and say 15-20m on a back up RB or LB e.g Rico Henry.

We obviously haven't got a limitless budget so does seem odd people would be up for spending perhaps 25% of our budget on someone who'd just play cup games if Targett says fit.

And given the last couple of games I'd be fine with us getting in another CB and basically just shifting Konsa across if Cash is out for 5-6 games next season.

Think we can box smart on the full backs. Not convinced we even need another RB if Freddie really is coming back to part of squad next season (not convinced on that though) and we can just sign a CB who's reasonably o.k filling at LB for the other side.

I'm not convinced by Ezri at RB. I think he was one of the poorer players over the last 2 games in that position. Not awful but his positioning and marking weren't great imo. Okay for cover, but not ideal.

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

You have got to question why Spurs are so desperate to get rid of a young English player in his prime! Massive no for me. I never thought he was ever that good. He has been rubbish for ages and he would want massive wages. 

Dele Alli will be another Barkley, probably be worse as we cant dump him back to Spurs as dont think they will take a loan 

• Like 1

Boubakar Kamara has said he won't be signing a new deal at Marseille.

Top notch DM/CB who only turns 22 in November.

Just him and a RW and we'll be exceeding 55 points next season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

What do you all realistically think our transfer budget will be this summer? Very difficult to gauge, as I read Dean say a few weeks ago that the targets we have are very exciting.

Well he said we don't many players - but the way he spoke players purchased would be making an impact at first team level. Im guessing £60m - £100m 

11 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Get him, the new Kiyotake. 🤣

He seems really good, how much do you guess he’s cost?

£26 million was what was bandied around here: https://www.givemesport.com/1693204-tottenham-transfer-rumours-spurs-want-15assist-star?amp

But they’re probably just making stuff up so who knows.

Transfermarkt has him at €16 million euros, so I’d say you could comfortable get it done inside of £28 million. Cheaper and better alternative to Buendia.

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's not that people are against. It's just realisation that it's unrealistic. Before Covid, Smith and Purslow talked about the 4 parties that had to agree to make a player signing, now it's a post Covid world plus we're not in Europe yet and not one of the glamour PL clubs and Watkins would've played every minute of every game but for the 2nd yellow. We're not going with 2 up top and a "quality" striker isn't guaranteed minutes. We're more likely to sign a player for another position who can deputise if required

I really don’t understand why other people can’t get this, the bolded in particular

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well he said we don't many players - but the way he spoke players purchased would be making an impact at first team level. Im guessing £60m - £100m 

Sounds realistic. Perhaps 3 players to make an instant impact of £25-30million value.

We need players who can help us keep the ball.

We are not a possession based side, but we need to keep the ball better than we do.

• Like 3