Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Dike was really poor in the playoffs. Just a big battering ram of a player it looked like to me. 

He's only a battering ram if he's employed as one. He's actually quite mobile and has a deceptively good touch.

• Like 3

On 23/05/2021 at 14:57, Mazrim said:

Benteke is playing for a new contract. As soon as he's signed that fir whoever, he'll go back to mugging it off.He's a lazy journeyman now, absolutely not what we need.

Had his shot at greatness, blew it, just going through the motions now. Villa had the absolute best of him.

got found out by Klopp....move along nothing to see.

We have one of the best around.

Edited by TRO

21 hours ago, Okonokos said:

What if Watkins breaks his leg in the first game?

Precisely.

We simply can't take that risk....equally, its a very demanding position compounded, by playing on your own.

If we have any ambitions for Europe, we need another competent one.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I guess we will all just have to compromise and sign Daichi Kamada from Frankfurt.

Plays CAM and comes in off the left. Also plays ST and is has a similar height/work ethic to Ollie, although kinda plays more like Jack.

Enjoy:

Yes please!!!

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Precisely.

We simply can't take that risk....equally, its a very demanding position compounded, by playing on your own.

If we have any ambitions for Europe, we need another competent one.

You're not wrong there mate.

Not sure why so many posters are against having another quality striker signed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm not sure anyone is against signing another quality striker. I think it comes down to prioritization and allotted funds — the question being, where do we need to spend biggest in order to benefit the most? I certainly share concerns about our depth at striker; there were times last season when I looked at our subs and thought, "Who's going to score if not Ollie? Davis?" But I don't think we can afford to splash a massive wad of cash to improve upon our current situation. I suppose the biggest question at the moment is "What does Dean Smith see us doing with Wesley Moraes?" If he thinks there's a player in there, then next season could be when we see it. If not, I think we could get a decent understudy for Watkins for less than might be imagined. So many clubs are hurting following the pandemic, I'd rather splash on the wings or in the midfield.

• Like 4

I can understand the reasons for not wanting to spend 30m + on a striker given Ollie is undisputed number one.

However get a bit lost when same posters then go on their targets and say 15-20m on a back up RB or LB e.g Rico Henry.

We obviously haven't got a limitless budget so does seem odd people would be up for spending perhaps 25% of our budget on someone who'd just play cup games if Targett says fit.

And given the last couple of games I'd be fine with us getting in another CB and basically just shifting Konsa across if Cash is out for 5-6 games next season.

Think we can box smart on the full backs. Not convinced we even need another RB if Freddie really is coming back to part of squad next season (not convinced on that though) and we can just sign a CB who's reasonably o.k filling at LB for the other side.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I guess we will all just have to compromise and sign Daichi Kamada from Frankfurt.

Plays CAM and comes in off the left. Also plays ST and is has a similar height/work ethic to Ollie, although kinda plays more like Jack.

Enjoy:

Get him, the new Kiyotake. 🤣

He seems really good, how much do you guess he’s cost?

4 hours ago, JamieZ said:

He's only a battering ram if he's employed as one. He's actually quite mobile and has a deceptively good touch.

I’d sell Wesley and get him. I do rate Davis, but this guy seems a much improved Davis. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's not that people are against. It's just realisation that it's unrealistic. Before Covid, Smith and Purslow talked about the 4 parties that had to agree to make a player signing, now it's a post Covid world plus we're not in Europe yet and not one of the glamour PL clubs and Watkins would've played every minute of every game but for the 2nd yellow. We're not going with 2 up top and a "quality" striker isn't guaranteed minutes. We're more likely to sign a player for another position who can deputise if required

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JamieZ said:

Looks like the next Lukaku 

• Confused 1

I think we will be looking for a player who can carry the ball forward in an attacking sense like ross barkley did for us. They dont have to be a super star on big wages they just need some skill and a good attitude and just give us that forward momentum so we can counter attack through  Jack and ollie. I dont think Jacob Ramsey is capable of doing this yet and its too much pressure to rely on a youth player to start the season in this position. If Jack starts in the middle then the new player can settle in and be a back up.

If we buy another attacking midfielder Im just not sure how we manage sanson, mcginn, luiz, ramsey, nakamba, jack and some game time for chukwuemeka

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, however I’d absolutely love it if we could get Dele Alli.

Admittedly he’s suffered a huge dip in form recently however, class is permanent and I really think Dean would get the best out of him. He’s still only 25, still a fantastic talent, with the added bonus of already having significant premier league and European experience and I’ve no doubt he would slot straight into our midfield and have a massive impact almost immediately. 

He does tick a lot of boxes for me and Spurs are apparently desperate to get him off their books, so potentially he could be available for as little as £25m which would be a real bargain. 

UTV

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, JamieZ said:

I'm not sure anyone is against signing another quality striker.

Take a look across the whole forum, there's tonnes of examples of it.

"We don't need two strikers"

"Where's Ollie going to play if we sign another striker" 

"No way are we signing another striker to sit on the bench"

That's just a few of the posts from the last month or so.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's not that people are against. It's just realisation that it's unrealistic. 

I'm not suprised to see you'd be against it too.

You would only have 11 players in the whole team if your posts of last summer are anything to go by.

There is a thing called squad depth, and quality and backup in every position is required - including strikers.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Take a look across the whole forum, there's tonnes of examples of it.

"We don't need two strikers"

"Where's Ollie going to play if we sign another striker" 

"No way are we signing another striker to sit on the bench"

That's just a few of the posts from the last month or so.

I get it, but I'm sure those quotes are in response to people suggesting we bring in Tammy Abraham or Ivan Toney or someone who'd cost £40 million or something, right? Which comes back to priorities and expenditure. I really have a hard time fathoming how someone could be against bringing in a reasonably-priced reinforcement on principle.

• Like 4