Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, however I’d absolutely love it if we could get Dele Alli.

Admittedly he’s suffered a huge dip in form recently however, class is permanent and I really think Dean would get the best out of him. He’s still only 25, still a fantastic talent, with the added bonus of already having significant premier league and European experience and I’ve no doubt he would slot straight into our midfield and have a massive impact almost immediately. 

He does tick a lot of boxes for me and Spurs are apparently desperate to get him off their books, so potentially he could be available for as little as £25m which would be a real bargain. 

UTV

A good bet IF you are prioritising a ACM, I wouldn’t.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I get it, but I'm sure those quotes are in response to people suggesting we bring in Tammy Abraham or Ivan Toney or someone who'd cost £40 million or something, right? Which comes back to priorities and expenditure. I really have a hard time fathoming how someone could be against bringing in a reasonably-priced reinforcement on principle.

Speaking of reasonably-priced reinforcement I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Gaetan Laborde. Just turned 27, in his prime and can play across multiple positions. 4 goals from CF, 7 from RW and 5 from midfield positions. Could probably get him for $15-20 million.

• Like 1

I'm not sure the 'what if Ollie breaks his leg' really stands up. As correct as it is, you could argue that for almost every position - what If Jack breaks his leg? What if Tyrone or Konsa breaks his leg? What if cash breaks his leg? Targett? Martinez? and on and on. We do not have deep cover everywhere so you look at the most important positions. We have some good youngsters coming through but cannot go into a season relying on them so which one position is the most important - It would seem the attacking midfield position is the one where we are crying out for more quality. That should be number 1 and is where the team would improve instantly. The second would probably be CDM. I like Luiz but it has to be remembered that he too is still very young and will have games where he is completely off it, so a taller number 6 option for me is the next priority. 

after that its a wish list coupled with getting strength in depth. A left-back (although Guilbert if fancied by Smith can and has played at left-back so could cover), and a wing and attack option. But not at 40m, as that would be a player expecting to start. I wouldn't start Tammy over Ollie, nor would I shift Ollie wide to accommodate him. if a top quality left sided attacking player becomes available then I'd buy him and shift jack to the middle.

Other than those two areas, the rest is filling in the blanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sold on Chuk as the back-up No 10 to Jack next season. If we get Buendia in to fight Traore for the RW position, that leaves a LW slot for someone to compete with AEG.

Up front Wes is back up for Ollie, unless he’s either sold or goes out on loan to find some form (rumoured online a few days ago), in which case a new signing who could cover LW and ST would be better. Patson Daka would be amazing but no idea what he’d cost or if he’d come. 

Emi Buendia and Patson Daka to sort out our attacking line up, a DCM if Luiz goes to compete with Marv the magnificent, a LB and a CB to replace Engels. 

I reckon that’s all we need, 5 players, 3 off which need to be top quality starters. Perhaps a few prospects if there’s good value to be had in other positions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, however I’d absolutely love it if we could get Dele Alli.

Admittedly he’s suffered a huge dip in form recently however, class is permanent and I really think Dean would get the best out of him. He’s still only 25, still a fantastic talent, with the added bonus of already having significant premier league and European experience and I’ve no doubt he would slot straight into our midfield and have a massive impact almost immediately. 

He does tick a lot of boxes for me and Spurs are apparently desperate to get him off their books, so potentially he could be available for as little as £25m which would be a real bargain. 

UTV

You have got to question why Spurs are so desperate to get rid of a young English player in his prime! Massive no for me. I never thought he was ever that good. He has been rubbish for ages and he would want massive wages. 

• Like 2

Came here to mention Kamada as well. Remember him knocking out Arsenal from the Europa League last season and he's had a brilliant campaign this year.

He's basically Christian Eriksen in his Ajax days. Would love to sign him. Ollie and Jack would have a field day in that left channel of he's playing as a 10. 

Edited by Keyblade

I want lookman.

He looks available and no chance fulham will get him on a permanent contract now.

He has massive potential, quick and creative. Also has pl experience 

Dont think he will cost a fortune either

• Like 3

Here's something i've been mulling over.

I don't think we'll be bringing in a huge number of players this summer given the performance of our youngesters this season some of them can pad the squad out. I'd target maybe 3 quality signings (c£40m each). Inside Forward, AM, DM. all first 11 Ready. 

Given this if you were to pick one player who you think is a) obtainable and b) would instantly take us to the next level...who would it be?

I'd say Pedro Neto for what its worth. 

• Like 2