Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

More because we should be aiming higher now? Or Norwich wouldn't sell unless for an extortionate fee which would make signing him pointless over someone like Bailey who probably could be gotten for a similar fee. 

I don't think higher as such, I see transfers as gambling. You never know on what scale it will turn out.

For instance you buy Kane, you know he will score a good amount of goals but will it be 18 or will it be 30? Will the injuries see him miss more games than in the past? How much is the total package to sign him and what might you be able to offload him for after 1,2,3,4,5 years of service?
Then you weigh that and many other factors against other players.

I think when you come to Buendia he will be a sizable improvement to the team but when you take everything into consideration maybe there are better bets elsewhere.... which is where I think I am.

There is very little value to be had shopping in England, just earlier I was checking out a couple of players at Fiorentina.

Supposedly valued at 25m euros according to reports https://www.transfermarkt.com/nikola-milenkovic/profil/spieler/413507
Supposedly valued at 30m euros according to reports https://www.transfermarkt.com/dusan-vlahovic/profil/spieler/357498

You could never buy players with those records, ages etc for those values in England.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wonder if Martinez has had a little word with his compatriot Buendia about making the move to B6?

Hopefully he can get on the blower to Aguero too  :wub: 

(I know it's wishful thinking)

If the interest is genuine then the club will have already spoken to his agent, the player will know and will talk about it with Emi. All players do this.... There would be more questions to ask about the area then there would the club when you think about it.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

There would be more questions to ask about the area then there would the club when you think about it.

Norfolk or Birmingham, I know where I would sooner be.

However, when it comes to the football and the teams, Claret and Blue wins that battle.

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t disagree with you… would be nice if we showed a lot more class than others (a massive lack of that nowadays)…

Arsenal & Spurs fans are amongst the worst…

Leeds and Wolves are terrible too.

None more self entitled than Man Poo.

It’s just getting worse & worse especially online and with social media.

I’ll never understand why fans of other clubs jump onto posts, forums, messages etc to bait, abuse and rile up ppl, it’s disgusting and pathetic really… waste of life.

Just enjoy and focus on your own club and have a bit of decency…

I took time reading other clubs' forums for the past year. The only fans that shared similar traits/class comparing to us is the Fulham fans.

I sound like a moron saying that though

Edited by hong0311

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

However, when it comes to the football and the teams, Claret and Blue wins that battle.

Norfolk is the epitome of bland. For a young man Birmingham wins hands down. 

• Like 1

Was looking through Okay Yokuslu's stats and he seems like a proper DM with great defensive stats. Tackles, Interceptions, Pressures, Aerials, Blocks, you name it, his stats on all of them are good and in some cases pretty exceptional. Celta Vigo don't seem to want him and going on the Baggies forum they seem desperate to keep him. Would love it if we stole him from them. Also dude stands at 6'3.

I was gonna say his passing stats this season seem concerning but I think that's just a result of him playing in a team like West Brom. HIs passing stats in several seasons with Celta Vigo are good. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, useless said:

Buendia is becoming overrated on here in the same way that Benrahma was, I think it's people just going along with hype as much as anything. I personally doubt we're even interested in him, he's too good to be back up to Traore, but wouldn't represent enough of an upgrade on Traore to replace him.

Smith has recently spoke about how he expects Traore to get even better next season, I think the right winger we sign will more likely be a younger player, one that's more willing to be a squad player to begin with, but with the potential to become very good.

Agreed 100%.

His right footed though, and based on the highlights seems to primarily use his right (even though he’s meant to be very good on his left) - in our system that would probably mean he’d play on the left

If Brentford lose today will they sell anyone: Toney? Henry? Would you prefer £30m ish on Ivan Toney or £40m on Tammy, or neither of these?

Would be a brave move to spend £70m on Toney and Buendia, or is that the price of British football nowadays?

(not saying this is on the radar, just asking. But I do think we will recruit a mix of UK based talent and unearthed foreign potential).

Edited by thunderball

37 minutes ago, thunderball said:

If Brentford lose today will they sell anyone: Toney? Henry? Would you prefer £30m ish on Ivan Toney or £40m on Tammy, or neither of these?

Would be a brave move to spend £70m on Toney and Buendia, or is that the price of British football nowadays?

(not saying this is on the radar, just asking. But I do think we will recruit a mix of UK based talent and unearthed foreign potential).

We won’t spend 30/40m on a back up striker. 

I fully expect us to smash the record fee paid for Watkins though. I’d be absolutely over the moon if we spent that on someone like Leon Bailey or Buendia. 

• Like 1

Watkins is a machine level of fitness, he'll play every game at CF if he stays fit. Is Wesley going to be good enough as back up to loan Davis out? Maybe we loan him for 6 months until January or have a recall option at that time in case there is an injury. We are likely to see Barry in the first team squad more next season. I think Deano and Lange will hope they don't need to make any signings in this area in the summer. We've our two most expensive ever players now fit and in the same position CF with an extremely promising young player coming up. When you think about benefit to the first team spending on other positions is a bigger priority. 

I think Jack will switch between LF and CAM depending on opposition. Buendia is right footed and I don't see us trying to sign him for Right Forward, plus given Spurs/Arsenal interest I don't see that one really being worth it, unless we look to change him to left forward. We desperately need a upgrade on Central DM with some size and physicality who can operate in a 4 3 3 as the sitting midfielder or in a 4 2 3 1 as more defensive element of the 2 with Jack in 10. 

I think we might be wise to sign a wide forward who has played in CF for previous clubs and who fits our high pressing team mould. So if they are playing wide right they press and defend more than Bert and could fill in if Watkins got injured for example. I think 2 forwards in the wide areas one who has experience as CF and DMC are the bulk of the spend this summer. 

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Watkins is a machine level of fitness, he'll play every game at CF if he stays fit. Is Wesley going to be good enough as back up to loan Davis out? Maybe we loan him for 6 months until January or have a recall option at that time in case there is an injury. We are likely to see Barry in the first team squad more next season. I think Deano and Lange will hope they don't need to make any signings in this area in the summer. We've our two most expensive ever players now fit and in the same position CF with an extremely promising young player coming up. When you think about benefit to the first team spending on other positions is a bigger priority. 

I think Jack will switch between LF and CAM depending on opposition. Buendia is right footed and I don't see us trying to sign him for Right Forward, plus given Spurs/Arsenal interest I don't see that one really being worth it, unless we look to change him to left forward. We desperately need a upgrade on Central DM with some size and physicality who can operate in a 4 3 3 as the sitting midfielder or in a 4 2 3 1 as more defensive element of the 2 with Jack in 10. 

I think we might be wise to sign a wide forward who has played in CF for previous clubs and who fits our high pressing team mould. So if they are playing wide right they press and defend more than Bert and could fill in if Watkins got injured for example. I think 2 forwards in the wide areas one who has experience as CF and DMC are the bulk of the spend this summer. 

Trouble is, we’re only one Ben Mee away from losing players for 12 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Was looking through Okay Yokuslu's stats and he seems like a proper DM with great defensive stats. Tackles, Interceptions, Pressures, Aerials, Blocks, you name it, his stats on all of them are good and in some cases pretty exceptional. Celta Vigo don't seem to want him and going on the Baggies forum they seem desperate to keep him. Would love it if we stole him from them. Also dude stands at 6'3.

I was gonna say his passing stats this season seem concerning but I think that's just a result of him playing in a team like West Brom. HIs passing stats in several seasons with Celta Vigo are good. 

Good player, if we didn't have too much money he'd be a good signing. I think he we could find someone a bit better though who isn't yet in their prime. 

The ever reliable Football Insider site claim Spurs are looking to sell Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg. Would be shocking if true (which I'm certain it isn't)

Then again if they are I'd happily have him at Villa.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

The ever reliable Football Insider site claim Spurs are looking to sell Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg. Would be shocking if true (which I'm certain it isn't)

Then again if they are I'd happily have him at Villa.

I mean yes please

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Humility 👌 Humbleness 👌 Modesty 👌

Fantastic and rare qualities to have…

The best of the best are those that may be successful or exceptional but never really acknowledge it or display it, never boastful and give credit to others… a lack of ego can be a wonderful thing…

Class 👌

Humility is one of the most powerful things to possess.

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I live not far from Bodymoor Heath, have to pass the training ground most days travelling to my Daughters house.......its a lovely area around there.....The outskirts of Birmimgham is in stark contrast to the city.

There are some fine rural parts.

• Like 4