Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Would Lucas Moura interest us?, if we can't get our main targets.

I always think he looks very dangerous.....28 might be too old for us.

but I think Spurs will have a " yard sale"

Edited by TRO

25 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Norwich is class, to be fair. 

I think they will still struggle like they did before, unless they beef up their defence....I don't think they have learn't much.

You cannot concede goals in the prem without consequence....clean sheets are like gold dust....something to build on.

I will revisit that as they have conceded 36 goals this season as opposed to 57 in 2018/19....so perhaps i have that wrong, maybe they have learned.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Was looking through Okay Yokuslu's stats and he seems like a proper DM with great defensive stats. Tackles, Interceptions, Pressures, Aerials, Blocks, you name it, his stats on all of them are good and in some cases pretty exceptional. Celta Vigo don't seem to want him and going on the Baggies forum they seem desperate to keep him. Would love it if we stole him from them. Also dude stands at 6'3.

I was gonna say his passing stats this season seem concerning but I think that's just a result of him playing in a team like West Brom. HIs passing stats in several seasons with Celta Vigo are good. 

My rational baggies mate tells me there's absolutely no chance they will keep hold of him, he's a top flight footballer. I have liked him the couple of times I have seen him, strong, combative, and he moves the ball reasonably well. He clearly isn't phased by the PL and would be at the very least another solid option at DM. Based on those numbers he is exactly what we need. 

Given he has demonstrated an ability to play at this level though you are probably looking at £15-20m. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My rational baggies mate tells me there's absolutely no chance they will keep hold of him, he's a top flight footballer. I have liked him the couple of times I have seen him, strong, combative, and he moves the ball reasonably well. He clearly isn't phased by the PL and would be at the very least another solid option at DM. Based on those numbers he is exactly what we need. 

Given he has demonstrated an ability to play at this level though you are probably looking at £15-20m. 

If we're going shopping at baggies then just buy periera, that will do there heads in to no end if we prize him away.

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

I live not far from Bodymoor Heath, have to pass the training ground most days travelling to my Daughters house.......its a lovely area around there.....The outskirts of Birmimgham is in stark contrast to the city.

There are some fine rural parts.

Not only that but the *city* of Birmingham is class. Night life, restaurants, shops, loose women. All that jazz. London is pretty easy too really, we know some of our lads do it all the time, then there's the access to international travel from BHX. 

Honestly I don't know why people are so quick to put Birmingham down, especially brummies. It's a better all round option than Manchester or Liverpool. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not only that but the *city* of Birmingham is class. Night life, restaurants, shops, loose women. All that jazz. London is pretty easy too really, we know some of our lads do it all the time, then there's the access to international travel from BHX. 

Honestly I don't know why people are so quick to put Birmingham down, especially brummies. It's a better all round option than Manchester or Liverpool. 

I've never seen Ruth Langford or Janet Street-Porter there.😀

Spent my youth there Dave, in my "Rum Runner" days....but it has changed or I have more like.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Okay isn't their player anyway, so do both!

I've not seen much of that player your on about but periera impresses the hell out of me, he's like a Grealish in a way in how others look to him as a kind of a boost player. Then he just seems so creative and intelligent that he would flourish in our team.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I've never seen Ruth Langford or Janet Street-Porter there.😀

Spent my youth there Dave, in my "Rum Runner" days....but it has changed or I have more like.

What at Loose women, god help you, yeh poor fella find this man a clinic.

🤭

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

I know it's cliched to say but I really do trust our management.   We already have a solid base and our recruitment team has proven they can identify players, thus I'm really relaxed about this transfer window.

Last summer I never would have thought RB and GK would be our priority areas.

Buendia and a top class CM + RW and we can have a crack at the top 6. The rest of the signings will hopefully be cheap, young players with potential to give the squad more depth along with promoting some of the wonder kids we have. Exciting times! 

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

What at Loose women, god help you, yeh poor fella find this man a clinic.

bit younger versions than those " Loose Women" Dave.

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Buendia and a top class CM + RW and we can have a crack at the top 6. The rest of the signings will hopefully be cheap, young players with potential to give the squad more depth along with promoting some of the wonder kids we have. Exciting times! 

I would really like Buendia too.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

bit younger versions than those " Loose Women" Dave.

There maybe a few exceptions like Kelly Brook, Emma Willis and Emma Crosby.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would really like Buendia too.

Wouldn't say no.

Bailey, Periera, Kubo, Maximin for the right any one of those I'd be happy.

But really I would love us to go grab someone much much better.

1 hour ago, sne said:

The ever reliable Football Insider site claim Spurs are looking to sell Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg. Would be shocking if true (which I'm certain it isn't)

Then again if they are I'd happily have him at Villa.

Levy would want £200m + Jack and Ollie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1