Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Starting to sound like a top 6 club already...

We were in Norwich's position two years ago with Grealish.

I'm sick of their dismissive attitude to Villa and make no apologies. Heard it too often. The difference with Villa / Grealish is we're a big club who don't want or need to sell.

51 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can anyone really see us spending another 100 million. Hope to be proved wrong, but just can't see it, especially with no one to sell.

Yes

12 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Norwich need to remember that they're a little shithouse club and we could buy and sell them 100 times over.

Their "best player" is not much of a claim.

Lets refrain from that kind of words

Exact same the ESL clubs say about us. Norwich should be commended for how they have been run.

Buendia is a great player. We bought Watkins for 33, anything below 40 is an insult to them even with Covid

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'm sick of their dismissive attitude to Villa and make no apologies. Heard it too often. The difference with Villa / Grealish is we're a big club who don't want or need to sell.

Its the exact same. If you are sick of others attitude towards us, do not portray the same attitude towards other clubs

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Lets refrain from that kind of words

Exact same the ESL clubs say about us. Norwich should be commended for how they have been run.

Buendia is a great player. We bought Watkins for 33, anything below 40 is an insult to them even with Covid

OK, and they say we'll never get him because he's too good for us. That's not an Insult then? I personally couldn't care less how they're run - by an old piss artist cook as they yoyo between the divisions apparently.

Disrespect Villa, get banged.

37 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

They have obviously forgotten about Jeremy Goss :D

Funny how we all got behind Norwich then, not sure there is that sort of sentiment nowadays wih football saturation. Europe (European Cup AND UEFA) was a big deal then, its just a money go round nowadays.

Buendia is becoming overrated on here in the same way that Benrahma was, I think it's people just going along with hype as much as anything. I personally doubt we're even interested in him, he's too good to be back up to Traore, but wouldn't represent enough of an upgrade on Traore to replace him.

Smith has recently spoke about how he expects Traore to get even better next season, I think the right winger we sign will more likely be a younger player, one that's more willing to be a squad player to begin with, but with the potential to become very good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Buendia is becoming overrated on here in the same way that Benrahma was, I think it's people just going along with hype as much as anything. I personally doubt we're even interested in him, he's too good to be back up to Traore, but wouldn't represent enough of an upgrade on Traore to replace him.

Smith has recently spoke about how he expects Traore to get even better next season, I think the right winger we sign will more likely be a younger player, one that's more willing to be a squad player to begin with, but with the potential to become very good.

Booooo! 

In fairness he’s a different kind of player to Traore. In the way that Jack brings a different attacking dimension to Targett’s game on the left, I reckon Buendia would develop a similar relationship with Cash. 

With Traore Cash busts his lungs to overlap and show for the pass, but 9/10 times Bert cuts inside and runs into a dead end. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Norwich need to remember that they're a little shithouse club and we could buy and sell them 100 times over.

I've no love for that part of the world at all, but I'd hate it if on the way up we became arrogant - not having a go but we're 12 months past from near relegation. We can be mouthy in a couple of years.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Easy Tiger.....Humility is a virtue.

For a player in Buendias situation we arent that much of a step up. We’d also be very reluctant to sell him if he did well. Norwich won’t stand in his way when a champions league club calling.

Just now, Jareth said:

I've no love for that part of the world at all, but I'd hate it if on the way up we became arrogant - not having a go but we're 12 months past from near relegation. We can be mouthy in a couple of years.  

Why?

Success is all the more sweet, when you don't crow.

I may be wrong here and have no allegiance, but Man City seem less up themselves than Man U fans.

We just need to take any success in our stride.....its more powerful.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Why?

Success is all the more sweet, when you don't crow.

I may be wrong here and have no allegiance, but Man City seem less up themselves than Man U fans.

We just need to take any success in our stride.....its more powerful.

If successful then a bit of mouthyness is ok - need to earn it tho