Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The South American 10 is the link I'm most excited by so far.

Arrascaeta.

Same, and correct me if I’m wrong he can play across the entire 3 in our 4-2-3-1 formation? That versatility to change along with grealish and Traore/new RW, that would be awesome!

• Like 2

I can really see a time in the next couple of years where our squad matures together and hits its prime, the core of it we have now and a few new top class additions. And at the same time, the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manure start to decline. There’s definitely  an opportunity there for us to break the cartel. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I can really see a time in the next couple of years where our squad matures together and hits its prime, the core of it we have now and a few new top class additions. And at the same time, the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manure start to decline. There’s definitely  an opportunity there for us to break the cartel. 

Yes this, I hope everyone involved in all their clubs God damn heads fall off.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

But seriously. Why Buendia and Saint-maximan. We should be aiming for truly world class players as our first choice if they reject us so be it.

Both have vast amounts of PL experience.

It's not goals they need to score.. It's assists they provide, and both have very solid stats in that region.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Awol said:

Booooo! 

In fairness he’s a different kind of player to Traore. In the way that Jack brings a different attacking dimension to Targett’s game on the left, I reckon Buendia would develop a similar relationship with Cash. 

With Traore Cash busts his lungs to overlap and show for the pass, but 9/10 times Bert cuts inside and runs into a dead end. 

Yes I’m surprised how poor Traores awareness is at times. Before the season I thought the whole plan was to have a left footed ringer to open up space for Cash to bomb forward. Try and make the right side take some pressure of Jack and Targett. It hasn’t happened they seem to have very little understanding of each other’s game. 

• Like 1

Brooks is average, like Cantwell. We really need to think higher than that. Buendia is different class. Not seen enough of Olive, but would be happy with him. Not sure if anyone else will tackle our fancy from the Championship. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yes I’m surprised how poor Traores awareness is at times. Before the season I thought the whole plan was to have a left footed ringer to open up space for Cash to bomb forward. Try and make the right side take some pressure of Jack and Targett. It hasn’t happened they seem to have very little understanding of each other’s game. 

Traore just never looks for him and it’s infuriating to watch it happen over and over again. Cash is left out of position and opposition defenders had even stopped tracking him. Seemed Matty was the only player on the pitch who thought Traore might pass to him! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

'You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling' - Eames

But seriously. Why Buendia and Saint-maximan. We should be aiming for truly world class players as our first choice if they reject us so be it. But players like Oyarzabal, Bailey, Diaby etc. Should be who we are aiming for not ASM (who gets 5 goal contributions a season despite how skilled he is) and Buendia who had a shot to goal ration of 1/40 last time he was in the prem.

He has gotten better a bit. But only a bit. Norwich are better as a whole and he got what 4 more assists and 3 more goals in the championship which again is probably due to the fact the rest of Norwich's team was substantially better. 

Those players link us to personally I don't think it will happen but maybe more importantly I think they're moves that would be incredibly hush hush, the brum mail is not going to know if we make a Leon Bailey phone call and we won't leak it if he says no

If we get buendia and the response is "we should have got this world class player instead" I think that's harsh on the club, enquiries about top top players that get rejected won't make the press, it doesn't mean that we didn't make the enquiry 

I hope we don't have the old suso problem where fans assume he does nothing on the basis that he doesn't leak his diary 

Expecting a summer where once again we are told and know very little of what's going on (accompanied by some wild bullshit concocted by the rags) 

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

While on the subject of ESL clubs in the mud financially, McKennie, Chiesa, Kulusevski and Dybala are some expensive but great options at Juve. Any would improve us, imo. 

Would love McKennie.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Brooks is average, like Cantwell. We really need to think higher than that. Buendia is different class. Not seen enough of Olive, but would be happy with him. Not sure if anyone else will tackle our fancy from the Championship. 

It's interesting seeing Bournemouth fans views on Brooks, they'd drive him anywhere at the moment, seems he's been very poor this season and they'd snap your hands off for 15m, same with the VT fave Billing who again has been very poor for them and they simply don't rate him in the champ.

Im confident our recruitment will be a step up from last season again.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Pretty much everyone would have said that about Targett and Cash.  Gotta trust the management to see something in a player they think they can improve. 

• Like 1

The only player I’d take from the championship this time about would be Buendia, albeit I haven’t seen much to Olise and people say he’s good. 

Norwich fans saying Buendia wouldn’t come here - lol. One look at the stadium, the training ground, 80-100k a week and he’d sign. 

The problem with that transfer is coming up with the 35-50m Norwich would want for him. 

But, if you trust your scouting, make it happen. I’m gutted we didn’t give Leeds an extra 10m for Phillips when we had the chance and I’m sure they’d say that about Watkins. If we think Buendia can take us to the next level, make it happen! 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The South American 10 is the link I'm most excited by so far.

Arrascaeta.

The dream 3 behind Ollie would be this guy, Jack and Buendia. 

Creativity, work rate and all 3 have the ability to interchange. I and out of possession that front 4 would be scary. 

Edited by av1

53 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Agree, Brooks is neat and has a good burst in him, but not much end product, i think Cantwell is better, but as you say Buendia is a different class. More than 30M for Buendia would be too much though imo. Even 30M is a bit hefty at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Agree, Brooks is neat and has a good burst in him, but not much end product, i think Cantwell is better, but as you say Buendia is a different class. More than 30M for Buendia would be too much though imo. Even 30M is a bit hefty at the moment.

These days £30m gets you a Alex Owobi. Not sure it’s a hefty price tag for someone you agree is “different class”