Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Have just checked Arsenal's squad out - there are no Argentine players in there to get in the way - also Emi Has the duel use of bloody loving the Villa and hating Arsenal knowing all its faults - this is happening. 

Clever GIF by memecandy

Agent Martinez…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I have no idea why, but you saying this has made me think that a good song for Emi (our one) would be to the tune of Blondie's 1988 hit Denis. 

"Emi Emi, oh with your eyes so blue"...

"Emi Emi, he's saved a goal or two"...

I need a lie down...

I like it but his eyes aren’t blue…

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can anyone really see us spending another 100 million. Hope to be proved wrong, but just can't see it, especially with no one to sell.

I would say that this will probably be the last window we spend big - three or four first team players of top quality and we are set for the forseeable. 

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Again, Buendia is very good but he's not another Jack. I would definitely temper expectations there, personally. His stats were a bit meh last time he was in the prem. Chances created were high, actual goals and assists were a bit disappointing. Granted he was playing in a shit team and it was a while ago.

Happy if we go for him for a reasonable price. De Arrascaeta, Grealish, Watkins and Buendia up front could be tons of fun. With Chuk coming on for Cameos.

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

Yeah, you need to consider that he’s been playing with low quality teammates..

Young and improving… he is a potential star.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I would say that this will probably be the last window we spend big - three or four first team players of top quality and we are set for the forseeable. 

I could see that, spend big now and make ourselves formidable. Then maybe just add 1 or up to 2 each year/season… will depend…

It is important to keep the squad fresh and upgrade each season… not get complacent or anything… 

We mustn’t overrate or rely too heavily on the kids either, they need time and development.

Edited by Jas10

Bissouma and Zaha for me.

Two players with Premier League experience who generally perform at the highest standard week in week out.

Bringing in quality like that then allows you to take gambles on lesser known players in other positions if required, players who's value will increase.

Just now, Jas10 said:

I could see that, spend big now and make ourselves formidable. Then maybe just add 1 or up to 2 each year/season… will depend…

It is important to keep the squad fresh and upgrade each season… not get complacent or anything… 

Mate - I cannot wait until we get to a window where we are only looking to replace one, maybe two players - not because we are in crisis trying to plug a gap but because we want to improve on 5th place and get higher up the table. Another season of growth and we will be firmly at the top table and in the race for the best players, especially with our owners and Wes's record on wages in the NBA. Such good times ahead. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Mate - I cannot wait until we get to a window where we are only looking to replace one, maybe two players - not because we are in crisis trying to plug a gap but because we want to improve on 5th place and get higher up the table. Another season of growth and we will be firmly at the top table and in the race for the best players, especially with our owners and Wes's record on wages in the NBA. Such good times ahead. 

Same here mate, same here…

• Like 1

Ollie and Buendia (McGinn also) will be a nightmare for opposition defenders, they won’t get a minutes rest 🤣

We will be closing down and harassing them relentlessly 🤣

Midfield needs addressing though, so we can retain the ball better…

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I have just had a quick look on the Norwich fans site. They seem to think that Buendia is their greatest ever player. They also think he is way too good for us and we have got no chance of signing him. For those two reasons I am in. Make it happen Villa.

Have you got a link to that so I can have a sodding good laugh mate?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I have just had a quick look on the Norwich fans site. They seem to think that Buendia is their greatest ever player. They also think he is way too good for us and we have got no chance of signing him. For those two reasons I am in. Make it happen Villa.

They have obviously forgotten about Jeremy Goss :D

Edited by Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

They should be nervous - the player has no allegiance to Norwich, and will take a much higher wage elsewhere - Norwich also I think will not turn down big money. 

6 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

The only downside to Buendia is that he’s aggy as ****. 4 red cards in his last 3 league seasons for Norwich. 

He is top class though. He’d take us to the next level. 

I think we could do with a bit more tenacity and hopefully we’ll be able to teach him to avoid too many cards…

Norwich need to remember that they're a little shithouse club and we could buy and sell them 100 times over.

Their "best player" is not much of a claim.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1