Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Would Lucas Moura interest us?, if we can't get our main targets.

I always think he looks very dangerous.....28 might be too old for us.

but I think Spurs will have a " yard sale"

Yes, I like him. Very quick and I think underused at spuds.

For a couple of seasons, I'd be up for him signing. No resale value but hey ho, sometimes you just need an off the peg, oven ready prem  player

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

If Brentford lose today will they sell anyone: Toney? Henry? Would you prefer £30m ish on Ivan Toney or £40m on Tammy, or neither of these?

Would be a brave move to spend £70m on Toney and Buendia, or is that the price of British football nowadays?

(not saying this is on the radar, just asking. But I do think we will recruit a mix of UK based talent and unearthed foreign potential).

I'd rather not sign a striker* but if we were to toney a very day. 

An expensive one. I think we could do with a 10 mil one as a backup. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would Giroud for a season, while we give a final assessment to Wesley/Davis be a terrible idea?

It would be a very good idea but I think he’s off to Italy. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah something like that. Maybe we could offer £3m + Engels instead.

Reality is they probably have to sell some of their better players to help pay off the stadium and that emergency £175m loan they took out a year ago. Sure Kane will help raise funds but it might not be enough.

That sounds like a reasonable offer. Nice to see that Spurs, particularly after their farcical ESL involvement, potentially heading towards a world of pain. 

Our owners view football as a sport in which business plays a major role in achieving success on the pitch. Levy just sees football as a business and measures success in £££££££. 

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah something like that. Maybe we could offer £3m + Engels instead.

Reality is they probably have to sell some of their better players to help pay off the stadium and that emergency £175m loan they took out a year ago. Sure Kane will help raise funds but it might not be enough.

Edit: 

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/tottenham-loan-bank-of-england-20587445

Yikes!

Ouch 😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think they will still struggle like they did before, unless they beef up their defence....I don't think they have learn't much.

You cannot concede goals in the prem without consequence....clean sheets are like gold dust....something to build on.

I will revisit that as they have conceded 36 goals this season as opposed to 57 in 2018/19....so perhaps i have that wrong, maybe they have learned.

I meant the place, not the club. Sorry for the confusion!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Josh onomah? Buy him and offer him to spurs for Son

I would love it if we could get Son. He is brilliant.

A midfield attacking 3 of: Son - Grealish - Saint-Maximin or Buendia, would be phenomenal and terrorise the shit out of premier league defences.

I know.. I need to stop dreaming.

Would love it if we sign someone totally off anyone's radar. I have so much faith in our transfers based on recent dealings (Sanson pending but I'm on the side of "he was a bargain").

I also expect our leadership to be able to sell us to some superstars that noone imagined we could attract or would even go after.

Going to be an exciting window whatever happens, I'm so sure of this.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

You cannot concede goals in the prem without consequence....clean sheets are like gold dust....something to build on.

I wouldn't build on gold dust if I were you, it makes for terrible foundations. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Would love it if we sign someone totally off anyone's radar. I have so much faith in our transfers based on recent dealings (Sanson pending but I'm on the side of "he was a bargain").

I also expect our leadership to be able to sell us to some superstars that noone imagined we could attract or would even go after.

Going to be an exciting window whatever happens, I'm so sure of this.

It seems from now on we will mostly be targeting high stats players rather than scouts just going out looking. I'm sure those with accounts on football stat sites will probably be able to draw up a list of probable targets we have lined up ?

The magic of being discovered playing Sunday league and hitting the big time seems over, at least for us.

I guess age range for 1st team will be 19 to 26

League will be top 10 in the world

Position of player won't be key, as seen last season with a new keeper and right back coming in when most of us thought they weren't priorities but the ones wanted were available so we got them.

Price range will be upto £35 million per player

Is my guess.

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

God I hope they implode

Them , Barca. , Juve, Real and Manure are in huge debt. Manure can get away with it but from what my Spanish friends are saying that Real might not get the bail outs they usually get from the Spanish government. 

About time really.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would love it if we could get Son. He is brilliant.

A midfield attacking 3 of: Son - Grealish - Saint-Maximin or Buendia, would be phenomenal and terrorise the shit out of premier league defences.

I know.. I need to stop dreaming.

'You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling' - Eames

But seriously. Why Buendia and Saint-maximan. We should be aiming for truly world class players as our first choice if they reject us so be it. But players like Oyarzabal, Bailey, Diaby etc. Should be who we are aiming for not ASM (who gets 5 goal contributions a season despite how skilled he is) and Buendia who had a shot to goal ration of 1/40 last time he was in the prem.

He has gotten better a bit. But only a bit. Norwich are better as a whole and he got what 4 more assists and 3 more goals in the championship which again is probably due to the fact the rest of Norwich's team was substantially better. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Them , Barca. , Juve, Real and Manure are in huge debt. Manure can get away with it but from what my Spanish friends are saying that Real might not get the bail outs they usually get from the Spanish government. 

About time really.

Perfect time for NWSE this now. 

They've gotten away with murder and crime only pays until you get caught. 

• Like 3