Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Since you're a Hobo and you hate both Glasgow teams then I'm suprised you would speak highly of either tbh.  :trollface:

Standing back from personal feelings, just rating them as footballers. Kent is certainly one of those players that gets fans off their backsides when on the ball and when you play against them you hope that isn't too often.🙂

Buendia is a good player, but no one will pay more than £40m for him that kind of talk is people being taken in by made up newspaper valuations.

If he goes somewhere like Arsenal I expect the fee will be around £30m and Norwich will be happy to take it because no guarantee they will get that much after he's had a season in the premier league, if he's only as good next season in the premier league as he was the last time he played in it, his value will drop from what it (supposedly) is now.

If we sign him we might have to pay a little more for the simple reason that they might be more relecutant to sell to us if they see as potential rivals in a relegation battle next season.

Edited by useless

8 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Promising but has to develop and add more goals to his game.  Had a good game against us.  Obviously don't see as much of him as the other two. Think he has enjoyed working with Jim Goodwin who I rate highly.

He was also one of the best midfielders in League 2 for Cheltenham last season as they reached the play-offs.

I sat next to Chris Casper (ex Man Utd player) on 14th September 2019 for Salford vs Cheltenham as Doyle-Hayes (on loan from Villa) and Ryan Broom tore Salford apart and won. Broom scored twice. 

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He was one of the best midfielders in League 2 for Cheltenham last season. I sat to Chris Casper for Salford vs Cheltenham as Doyle-Hayes and Ryan Broom tore Salford apart.

Be interesting to see where he goes now?

3 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

I first suggested him for loan move for St Mirren in December 2017 when i first started as a  professional scout for St Mirren,.

Before he went on loan to Cambridge and Cheltenham and then perm to St Mirren FC.

Edited by Villan4Life

31 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Watkins wouldn't even need to move if we paired buendia with Jack, he could just sit on a stool on the penalty area and stick out a foot every now and again!

Ah, the Emile Heskey approach.

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

I first suggested him for loan move for St Mirren in December 2017 when i first started as a  professional scout.

Before he went on loan to Cambridge and Cheltenham.

At the stage in his career where he needs a long term contract where he can develop fully and progress. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Need Emi to get in Emi's ear

🤣 I was just about to say the same!

They’ve both been called up to the Argentina squad, plenty of opportunity there! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Funny enough when i suggested him on loan from Villa U23 to St Mirren the manager at St Mirren then was Jack Ross (your current manager) and my boss at time was Martin Christie your head scout at Hibs before he went St Mirren.

Read that Hibs been looking at JDH, funny as they said no, never heard of him to me in December 2017 ;)

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Funny enough when i suggested him to St Mirren the manager was Jack Ross and my boss at time was Martin Christie your head scout at Hibs before he went St Mirren.

Read that Hibs been looking at JDH, funny as they said no, never heard of him to me in December 2017 ;)

Thats Hibs scouts for you 😀

Edited by newhavenhibby

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

🤣 I was just about to say the same!

They’ve both been called up to the Argentina squad, plenty of opportunity there! 

Have just checked Arsenal's squad out - there are no Argentine players in there to get in the way - also Emi Has the duel use of bloody loving the Villa and hating Arsenal knowing all its faults - this is happening. 

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Too many chancers in football 

If i was your head scout. You would be challenging every season to the Glasgow two,

Need more that talented scouts I'm afraid ...........money talks

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Need Emi to get in Emi's ear

I have no idea why, but you saying this has made me think that a good song for Emi (our one) would be to the tune of Blondie's 1988 hit Denis. 

"Emi Emi, oh with your eyes so blue"...

"Emi Emi, he's saved a goal or two"...

I need a lie down...

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

Again, Buendia is very good but he's not another Jack. I would definitely temper expectations there, personally. His stats were a bit meh last time he was in the prem. Chances created were high, actual goals and assists were a bit disappointing. Granted he was playing in a shit team and it was a while ago.

Happy if we go for him for a reasonable price. De Arrascaeta, Grealish, Watkins and Buendia up front could be tons of fun. With Chuk coming on for Cameos.

17 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Need more that talented scouts I'm afraid ...........money talks

Money Talks ? Not always, specially when finding talented players, even at trials days. This kid and went to UK Football Trials, he was free to find and now being linked to Man Utd etc.

I know the scout at Sheff Utd (Stuart Cross) who found this kid as a Trial Day at Sutton Town FC (Birmingham in 1998)

He is now one of Carney Chukewuemka's friends as both play for England U18's

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15000568/sheffield-united-daniel-jebbison-arsenal-transfer-everton/

There, a Blades scout found the tall, athletic forward, offered him a trial and soon he was signed on a pro contract as he rose through the ranks.

His epic rise has seen the youngster linked with Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Jebbison got his football education in Oakville, a small town of around 200,000 people in the Greater Toronto area.

He began playing for semi-professional club ANB Futbol from the age of six.

However, in 2017 - with his mum scoring a job in the UK - the family left Canada behind.

The Jebbison family moved to the UK from Canada in 2017 - a year before Daniel signed for the Blades

The Jebbison family moved to the UK from Canada in 2017 - a year before Daniel signed for the BladesCredit: Instagram / @danjebbison
Jebbison could've slipped through the net after leaving his native Canada

Jebbison could've slipped through the net after leaving his native CanadaCredit: Instagram / @danjebbison
Jebbison was without a club - and any dreams of football stardom appeared to be squashed.

That is until fate handed him a lucky break.

In 2018, Jebbison attended a UK Football Trials event in Birmingham that would change his life.

He was joined by his older brother, Micah who also showed promise as a footballer.

Daniel revealed in a Q&A on the UK Football Trials website: "I chose to attend your event because I really wanted to play football at a higher level and I knew I had an opportunity with you."

After attending the UK Football Trials event in Birmingham in 2018, Jebbison was scouted by Sheffield United
After attending the UK Football Trials event in Birmingham in 2018, Jebbison was scouted by Sheffield UnitedCredit: Rex

And it proved to be a big success.

Ash Foyle, Sheffield United's former Head of Academy Recruitment, explained: "We sent a scout down to UK Football Trials and he was impressed with the two brothers so we got them in to the academy."

But only one would make it.

The pair were invited to a six-week trial with the Blades, followed by two academy matches shortly after.

Unfortunately for Micah, it was deemed a step too far. But for Daniel the sky was the limit.

Blessed with pace and athleticism, Jebbison gave Everton a torrid time at Goodison Park

Jebbison inked a deal in 2018, and his drive and determination has seen him get a first-team opportunity merely four years after arriving on our shores.

"When I found out they wanted to sign me, it felt amazing and I just wanted to push even harder and go even further in my career," he said.

In recognition of his excellent form for the Sheffield United, four goals in as many games in the Youth Cup, and one in two U23 games, a chance at international arrived back in March.

Jebbison debuted with the England U18s in a 2–0 win over the Wales U18s in a friendly.

Discussing his call-up, he revealed: "I felt amazing. I felt so honoured and I am so thankful."

Jebbison is now an England youth international

"The training with England was short, sharp and they pushed us to keep fit and not fatigue," Jebbison told UK Football Trials.

"When I first stepped onto the pitch in the England kit I felt amazing. I was focused and ready to give it my all. I enjoyed every last second."

Edited by Villan4Life