Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

For me right now:

Martinez

Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett

New(35), Luiz

New (35) Grealish New(60)

Watkins

Luiz is good enough he gets no support from those in midfield with him especially mcginn. He is still young but he is consistently our best non-defender excluding Jack. He's the last player we need to replace at the minute.

LW is key - ideally Oyarzabal but that's the dream (players like Thuram could be cheaper options) 

CDM - Zakaria, Bissouma, Koopa Car etc. All would be big upgrades

RW - I like traore but we need a more consistent and ideally fast RW someone like Leon Bailey would do the trick.

Sell McGinn, Engels, Samatta (already agreed) to raise some funds. 

Loan out Davis, Ramsey, Ramsey, Chuk, Kessler, Barry, Young, Bogarde, Raikhy etc. 

Sign a backup LB, CB, St with whatever money we have left over. We may need a 3rd keeper given Heaton is leaving. 

That's my ideal summer. 

Someone who's randomly come to mind...what about Naby Keita.

Hasn't worked out for him at all at Liverpool due to injuries and other stuff but I remember he was brilliant at RB Leipzig not so long ago in Bundesliga and also a season in CL.

If we're doing another Barkley type loan deal that may be an option. Would give us a bit more power in there and also some goalscoring as scored 10 in Bundesliga and CL in 17/18 season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Summer.

————————Watkins————————
Grealish————New———————New
———————New——New——————
Targett——Mings—Konsa————Cash
———————Martinez————————

I don’t disagree. But I wonder if it’s one new starter too many for this summer, from a FFP point of view. Attacking players in particular are most likely going to cost a fortune. Yeah there can be a bargain found, but I wouldn’t rely on it.

If you had to make do with one current player regularly starting from those four positions, which of the four positions would you pick?

Judging by the ongoing game against plop, I wouldn't touch Pereira with a ten-foot pole. Hasn't got any legs whatsoever. Apart from a decent free kick, I don't think he offers anything. 

• Like 1

Along with some real quality, I would also like one of those players to bring off the bench that we always seem to face... The kind that makes you say "oh shit, here comes xxxxxx, you just know he's going to score against us."

• Like 1

I know this is easier said than done but we need to buy pace this summer. We lack a wide attacker who can run away from defenders. We're too easy to defend against at the moment. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t disagree. But I wonder if it’s one new starter too many for this summer, from a FFP point of view. Attacking players in particular are most likely going to cost a fortune. Yeah there can be a bargain found, but I wouldn’t rely on it.

If you had to make do with one current player regularly starting from those four positions, which of the four positions would you pick?

I totally agree with you. I think at most, we can afford 3 starters in the summer as that will probably cost 70-100m depending on who we’ve scouted. 

I would probably keep McGinn but can understand the argument to keep Luiz in there. I think the club see McGinn as essential as he has been here a long time and is a big personality in the dressing room. I think they value squad harmony quite a lot and more than 2/3 starter additions could disrupt that. 

The club should be listening to offers for Nakamba, El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Engels in the Summer. This should help with wages and FFP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Think we missed out with Eze but pretty sure I read he wanted to stay in London anyway.  We should go for Olise from Reading instead.

Eze is class but to me we already have him in Chukwumeka. The way they glide with the ball is very similar - imo. 

Every good side has a ball winner and a defensive midfielder sitting in front of the back 4. Ndidi, Bissouma, Phillips, Rice etc.

Whatever your opinion on Luiz is as a player, he absolutely isn’t the commanding defensive midfielder we need in the side. 

I’m sure it will be a priority in the Summer.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Summer.

————————Watkins————————
Grealish————New———————New
———————New——New——————
Targett——Mings—Konsa————Cash
———————Martinez————————

Came here to post exactly this... Found exactly this... I concur... Exactly. 

• Like 1

A cm is vital. I don’t really know world football, and I think he’s already playing at a level above us, but a dream signing would be Canavinga. Already a French international at 18. Plays dm or box to box. Strong quick powerful, skilful. Everything we need. Someone like that would be great. 

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

LW for me. Today showed us (along with his string of performances before his injury) that teams can just focus on the midfield and take him out of it if he is LW. As long as their RB man marks him. The full back will never be out of position if he marks the LW. So we need to make it so that if he is man marked we can take advantage of the extra space which is by playing him through the middle. 

Genuinely curious as to why you dont think el ghazi should be our main lw? You've championed him through thick and thin

Baboucar Kamara and or Khephren Thuram dominant CDM/ CM types young hungry got excellent engines on them. Teams will struggle to get the ball back. And they get stuck in.

P.S and they're tall for the those who like that boat being floated. 

45 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Genuinely curious as to why you dont think el ghazi should be our main lw? You've championed him through thick and thin

I've literally never said he shouldn't be upgraded on.

He deserves to play over barkley and I think Grealish is better as a CAM anyway.

But for where we want to be competing for Europe he is at most a squad player who will come on give you goals and maybe start 10 games in the league if you make a cup run. 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

But for where we want to be competing for Europe he is at most a squad player who will come on give you goals and maybe start 10 games in the league if you make a cup run. 

I’d agree with this and for exactly that reason I wouldn’t want to let him go. As we know the bench doesn’t generally inspire much confidence so no matter who we sign we need decent and experienced players for depth. Then perhaps we can add to the depth with the likes of Barry and Chuck as they, hopefully, develop into starters. 

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Along with some real quality, I would also like one of those players to bring off the bench that we always seem to face... The kind that makes you say "oh shit, here comes xxxxxx, you just know he's going to score against us."

So you want Dwight Gayle?

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I've literally never said he shouldn't be upgraded on.

He deserves to play over barkley and I think Grealish is better as a CAM anyway.

You've banged the same drum over and over about how good he is, but wouldnt have him in the first 11 next year

• Confused 1

I hope Sanson is good enough to replace McGinn, if not I want us to sign a top top quality CM.

Sick and **** tired of watching us have no quality in central midfield.

I like McGinn and there's definitely room for him in the squad, but he's looking more and more limited.

Ndombele out of favour at Spurs cost them 60 million big strong lad our midfield is missing.

Only issue is dealing with Levy he will probably want 80 million!