Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ramsey is neither ready nor good enough. Send him out on loan and hopefully he will improve and develop.

We need proper, high quality players or we will struggle to do any better next season. We lack strength and physicality in midfield - that is completely obvious.

Still, we must try not to overreact immediately after a loss but it’s clear that we need improvements in order to progress.

Best to stay positive but nothing wrong with being critical when it is worthwhile and justified.

I’m happy with the season overall, myself. It’s clear we have a strong 11, but we do really lack depth. 3 high quality players this summer would really push us on as a whole.

Just now, 7392craig said:

I’m happy with the season overall, myself. It’s clear we have a strong 11, but we do really lack depth. 3 high quality players this summer would really push us on as a whole.

At least, yes.

It just saddens me how we have fallen away after such an amazing start to the season, there are extenuating circumstances of course but we could still have done a lot better in a lot of games. Terrible 2nd half today.

• Like 1

Give us a new Winger, push Jack back to midfield and buy us a CDM and a controlling midfielder, that can intercept and control flows of the game.

For me 1 X winger for the left, 2 X midfielders and if possible if there's a 4th signing buy a right Winger.

Owners need to make 200 mill available and but 4 players maxz that's the only way we sort the cracks out I think, yet I can't see the Owners making that much available.

Not fit enough, not enough depth, not smart or composed enough to manage situations, bizarrely - when we're winning, Martinez's brilliance papers over some cracks, subs are too late, we play one formation,  midfield too samey, we allow too much space, we don't press enough.

There's a lot to fix in a window.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Not fit enough, not enough depth, not smart or composed enough to manage situations, bizarrely - when we're winning, Martinez's brilliance papers over some cracks, subs are too late, we play one formation,  midfield too samey, we allow too much space, we don't press enough.

There's a lot to fix in a window.

I also think Martinez papers over some of the cracks in our defence. I’m just not sure if this is something that would be fixed by bringing in 2 new midfielders of the required quality.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Fair enough matey - I wasn't really able to extrapolate that from your initial post, sorry for my misunderstanding! 

It's quite sad to see McGinn at this level tbf, he was absolutely brilliant in his first season and I don't really like the fact that I don't want him to start for us anymore. 

Yes it's gutting to see him struggling. Again today (despite his very welcome goal and several decent contributions & free kicks he won) some of his distribution was worrying and could easily have led to even more goals against. Like you i don't want to see him like that, It's our "Super John McGinn" afterall! But unfortunately he has fallen into the many "sloppy" players category which we seem to be littered with since Christmas.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Eze showed enough today for me to suggest he is going to be a very good player. Might be the right time to buy him before he is out of reach, Zaha might be a bit of a knob, but he is the kind of player we need on the right.

To be fair to DS, if we had got Wilson, i think he would have made a lot of difference.

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Eze showed enough today for me to suggest he is going to be a very good player. Might be the right time to buy him before he is out of reach, Zaha might be a bit of a knob, but he is the kind of player we need on the right.

To be fair to DS, if we had got Wilson, i think he would have made a lot of difference.

I’d take Eze without a doubt. Feels like he’s being wasted a bit in that Palace team and looks a perfect fit for that attacking midfield slot for us. Given his age it’s a bit of a no brainer signing. Would be expensive but the resale value is likely to be there for some time anyway.

On 14/05/2021 at 16:28, Jas10 said:

Keep seeing links to Anguissa - prob the same old online bs n made up rumours though, really not looking forward to all the fake itk crap again.

Is he really that good?

And would he be a major upgrade or level above our present midfielders?

In my opinion mate he is a level above what we have but most important is that he would give us balance. We need a signing like him, bissouma, koopmeiners etc to give us balance in the middle and then add a quality 10 and and the midfield will be sorted.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

In my opinion mate he is a level above what we have but most important is that he would give us balance. We need a signing like him, bissouma, koopmeiners etc to give us balance in the middle and then add a quality 10 and and the midfield will be sorted.

Yep, I would love to see this or similar:

Martinez 

Cash        Konsa       Mings       Targett

Koopmeiners    Sanson

De Arrascaeta

Buendia           Watkins         Grealish

Just 3 signings there that would Massively improve us.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, I would love to see this or similar:

Martinez 

Cash        Konsa       Mings       Targett

Koopmeiners    Sanson

De Arrascaeta

Buendia           Watkins         Grealish

Just 3 signings there that would Massively improve us.

Looks good to me mate. Plus options with rotation with Mcginn, luiz and traore to keep the team fresh

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Villa Stu said:

Looks good to me mate. Plus options with rotation with Mcginn, luiz and traore to keep the team fresh

Yes, we would actually have a decent bench then too. Options to change and mix it up, possibility to rotate and rest players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Summer.

————————Watkins————————
Grealish————New———————New
———————New——New——————
Targett——Mings—Konsa————Cash
———————Martinez————————

Yep, I’m of a mind to replace the whole midfield too.  Hopefully Sanson might be able to step into one of the positions.  Haven’t had a proper chance to see what he can do yet.  

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Think we missed out with Eze but pretty sure I read he wanted to stay in London anyway.  We should go for Olise from Reading instead.

• Like 2

The more a watch us the more I think getting a striker, and playing 2 up top and 5 at the back is the way forward.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

The more a watch us the more I think getting a striker, and playing 2 up top and 5 at the back is the way forward.

That Belgian chap Palace had up front looked alright. 
Him and Watkins together could be a real handful.

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

We need a 10 desperately, today’s game showed that. Ramsey looks promising, but he’s not our starter. Either spend big (not Barkley), or Jack is played there and we need to buy a LW.

LW for me. Today showed us (along with his string of performances before his injury) that teams can just focus on the midfield and take him out of it if he is LW. As long as their RB man marks him. The full back will never be out of position if he marks the LW. So we need to make it so that if he is man marked we can take advantage of the extra space which is by playing him through the middle. 

• Like 1