Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Not sure we'd get £100m for Neil Taylor to be fair. £70 - 80m tops.

We’d get a crisp high five and a kick in the knackers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

We’d get a crisp high five and a kick in the knackers. 

We'd get a kick in the knackers and then a later kick in the knackers when they realized he's so bad they should have doubled the punishment. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Awol said:

Was chatting with a mate last night who reckons through personal contacts that Tammy, Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic are all on the way out of Chelsea this summer. I’d happily take any of them, but Pulisic would be a massive signing for £45-50M. 

@tonyh29 you heard anything about who’s leaving there? 

alas my insider info from Chelsea is somewhat limited now as my friend moved to a different role within the youth side .. all i get to hear about now is boring stuff about looking after young players and their families

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

We'd get a kick in the knackers and then a later kick in the knackers when they realized he's so bad they should have doubled the punishment. 

Installments. It’s how things are done these days. 

On 24/03/2021 at 12:31, useless said:

If we want to be serious challengers, and show the likes of Grealish, Martinez, Konsa and so on that we mean business, I think we need to be spending around £300m this summer, which sounds like a lot of money because it is, but it soon adds up if you sign five or six players for around £60m each.

£260m is £40m less than I was thinking, but still should be enough to make a difference. Next season is going to have whole different level of expectations, in a way it's going to be a little like being back in the championship, by which I mean in that division we were expected to be challening near the top and anything else drawed criticsim base on our spend and resources, similarly next season I imagine we will at least be expecting to challenge for a Europa place.

When Smith said a month or so back that we're going to be looking at young English talent looking to get into the England squad - with the idea being we can tempt them based on Grealish, Mings, Watkins, all winning their first England caps whilst playing in the premier league with us and others being tipped to do the same - Hudson-Odoi was one of the first names that came to mind.

I think one of the biggest improvements we could make would be to add an athletic specimen uber-mensch type to the midefield. This would also be relatively cheap compared to a top attacker. Soemtone like Anguissa from Fulham would be an excellent target.

I think it's one of the big problems with the midfield, Dougie, McGinn or Nakamba can all contribute defensively but none of them are athletically gifted other than McGinns ar5e.

Chukwuemeka might go on to be this player in 5 or 6 years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Pretty sure the 260m comment from Preece has been taken out of context. I believe he is referencing that Smith has been backed to the tune of about that much in the market since promotion two seasons ago...

Baby Reaction GIF

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Hudson Odoi? He certainly fits the profile? 

No way we’d get Pulisic. Too good. 

Yes pls. Thx.

21 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

My head says you’re right, but my heart says that I wouldn’t want him near a Villa shirt. It’s all fun and games til he puts something on twitter and gets banned for 6 months.

I couldn’t care what happens or what gets written on social media by players, unless they break an actual law. It’s not the real world. Its what they do on a football pitch in a Villa shirt that matters. I couldn’t give 2 fucky fuck5 about the court of social media opinion. 
Anyone else hear the booing at the cup final as the players took the knee?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

260?

Thats just madness and utter unrealistic.

80-100M would be my bet

Don't try to spoil our fun! :D Who wants this realism and sanity that you speak of, when we can have a bulging £260m war chest instead? Let those big money links begin....

How Do You Prepare A Growing War Chest? (Guest Post) - InvestingNote's  Signal Blog

16 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You've banged the same drum over and over about how good he is, but wouldnt have him in the first 11 next year

He's better than people say he is. And so much better than barkley it is impossible to put into words.

But obviously he shouldn't be part of the first 11 next year. I've never said he should be. We need an upgrade obviously to take some pressure off of jack. That doesn't mean he hasn't been good and consistently one of our better players since Jack has been out. 

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Was chatting with a mate last night who reckons through personal contacts that Tammy, Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic are all on the way out of Chelsea this summer. I’d happily take any of them, but Pulisic would be a massive signing for £45-50M. 

@tonyh29 you heard anything about who’s leaving there? 

I'd take Pulisic none of the others though.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Hudson Odoi? He certainly fits the profile? 

No way we’d get Pulisic. Too good. 

No he's wank. 

And if Pulisic is too good then we will never get anywhere. We need to be getting class players. Who could get into practically any side in world football like Jack and Emi. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Article has since been removed ... 🤔 lol 

Nope still up on his Twitter, but seems it could just be poor English on his part - referring to spending to date, not this summer’s budget. Few people asking him to clarify but no response yet...

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

That would add up, for me. I thought we’d have circa £150m this summer, so add on a £100m Jack Grealish sale and you’re there. Nothing would surprise me in football. 

Hope we don't do it that way. Selling Benteke and Delph that summer for 40m plus about 20m more meant we spent a lot but quickly became apparent we lost too much leadership and quality in 11 from those two and Vlaar going to compensate.

I think it will be about 100m (which we weren't far off last summer when you think Emi, Watkins and Cash was about 70m and Barkley was 11m loan fee) plus whatever we raise in sales so perhaps up to 120-130m.

250m spend would be mad, would guarentee we'd sign a couple of 40-50m players and wage bill going through the roof . Dosen't seem likely to me just yet.