Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

An amusing thing on this forum is that sometimes posters are insistent on mounting a serious challenge for the top six, and then sometimes posters insist that we sign Almiron or Will Hughes or Philip Billing or somebody.

Maybe it's not the same posters, but it's a pretty funny contrast.

Ollie McBurnie sticks in my mind as a serious suggestion 6 weeks or so back, was reminded by his little altercation last week...

In fact McBurnie, John Lundstram, Berge and Jack O'Connell all been suggest so four of one of worst performing top flight teams in last 20 years been suggested at one time or another.

In fairness O'Connell most logical shout of the four by a mile. Was with DS at Brentford, been injured virtually all season so gets a pass and was pretty good last season, won't cost that much compared to other CB targets and would probably come as back up and give us ability to switch to back 3 on occasions as he's proven in that system.

That's a link I can see getting stronger as summer goes on although perhaps we'll wait a bit to see him play some games after injury.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, useless said:

He was more than good enough in the premier league

Could not disagree more. I was tempted to write 'he is **** turd.'. But then I realised he's been alright in the championship.

But there's no chance he is good enough for where we want to be. No where close.

Journeyman of jojo sides, possibly.

23 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Agreed, he’ll be a good premier league player for most of his career. One who I’d get in should we ever lose Grealish. Couldn’t replace him like for like, but would go some way.

I don't want to be rude, but is possibly some of the worst football opinion I've ever read on here ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Agreed, he’ll be a good premier league player for most of his career. One who I’d get in should we ever lose Grealish. Couldn’t replace him like for like, but would go some way.

It's you who wrote the Football Insider article ain't it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

He was more than good enough in the premier league and will well next season with Norwich. If he's 'cack' then I'm afraid that doesn't say much for our wingers because he's probably better than all of them with the exception of Grealish. Telegraph who are normally reliable linked us with him last summer and I think he would have been a good option in Grealish's absence, but I think we'll interested in better this time.

He can't create dick. And as a 10 that makes him utterly worthless. 

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

An amusing thing on this forum is that sometimes posters are insistent on mounting a serious challenge for the top six, and then sometimes posters insist that we sign Almiron or Will Hughes or Philip Billing or somebody.

Maybe it's not the same posters, but it's a pretty funny contrast.

I'm amused by the lack of awareness that before you challenge for the top 6 from where we are you need to be the sort of team that is guaranteed to finish in the top half every season. Those teams are the ones that occasionally challenge for a top 6 position.
Finishing in those top 6 places on more than a one off requires a massive step from where we are now in both starting 11 and squad positions.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

What’s with the killjoys?

Not allowed to be excited by potential signings? Something against obscure talent?

Would you prefer Barkley for £40m???

Are we only allowed to sign players from the same league or country?? 

Some of us are way too negative at times...

I’m very excited if we are looking further afield for the highest quality talents and maybe beating other clubs to the punch in acquiring these kinds of players (De Arrasceata is regarded as the best no. 10 in South America, plenty of goals and assists, why greet the link with negativity?).

I don’t get it.

We’ve really invested in the scouting department now and I don’t see why we shouldn’t be optimistic about the talent they are identifying...

I think it was the level of your excitement based on a couple of tweets of unknown reliability that was a bit Rashica-esque (and that saga did my head in).

I have nothing against foreign players and it’s a bizarre leap to suggest I do. I also like transfer gossip but I can’t find myself getting excited yet as I imagine we’ve got the feelers out over loads of players. I like the rumours to gather a bit of steam before I hit the YouTube montages, doesn’t have to be at the John Percy/Fabrizio Romano stage though.

Each to their own though, crack on.

23 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Watkins-Wesley-Abraham has us sorted up top for sure. 

You think playing 2 strikers out of their best position and putting in a Wesley who had been sidelined for more than a year and was never that impressive when he was playing would sort out our front line?

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You think playing 2 strikers out of their best position and putting in a Wesley who had been sidelined for more than a year and was never that impressive when he was playing would sort out our front line?

No. I mean that we would have the position sorted. I'm all for a 442 formation. Competition for Ollie will benefit everyone. 

9 hours ago, useless said:

Abraham coming back as an air of inevitability about it.

I really can’t see this happening. He would cost too much, massive fee and salary. Dean will only play one cf and that man is Ollie. We are not paying that much for competition to Ollie, not when we have so much greater need elsewhere. I also doubt that Tammy would be interested in coming without being told that he is first choice.

I just can’t see it on any level. I think we will be in for another cf but it will likely be a younger up and coming player who can maybe play wide forward too. Tammy will likely go out on loan again I would imagine.

• Like 3