Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I think the £250m has been misinterpreted, why would we as a club announce we have that to spend as that will just increase the fees of our targets. I think what the article is saying is that Deano has already spent circa £250m in the last couple of windows, so has been well backed by NSWE. I would hope to see a similar level of investment again this summer (£100m), but on less players as we aim for better quality rather than quantity.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think the £250m has been misinterpreted, why would we as a club announce we have that to spend as that will just increase the fees of our targets. I think what the article is saying is that Deano has already spent circa £250m in the last couple of windows, so has been well backed by NSWE. I would hope to see a similar level of investment again this summer (£100m), but on less players as we aim for better quality rather than quantity.

Yup, that’s exactly what he was saying with the 260m comment. 

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What Teun Koopmeiners the Dutch football?

He's 23 isn't he?

This guy Paul, if so sure bring him in, he knows his defensive game.

31 appearances 15 goals and 5 assist from a central midfield, defensive midfield or CenterBack position how good is that?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/teun-koopmeiners/profil/spieler/360518

That’s the guy

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

I think this is probably the case

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That’s the guy

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-koopmeiners-soler-20612836

The AZ Alkmaar captain chalked up his 150th appearance at the weekend despite being just 23 years of age. Koopmeiners has made 31 appearances in Eredivisie this season while he's scored a whopping 15 times from defensive midfield. The Dutch international is a classy operator. He's similar to a Gareth Barry in the sense that he's left-footed, can keep the ball well, has slotted in at centre-back while he's a viable goal threat from set-pieces. What's more is he's an absolute engine who's relentless in pressing the opposition in order to win the ball back. Koopmeiners has attracted interest from the likes of Liverpool, Leeds and Inter. His contract expires in 2023 so AZ could be tempted to cash in on their star man. Koopmeiners fits the bill in terms of Villa's need for a player with real pedigree in midfield. Koopmeiners is under the same Wasserman agency as Tyrone Mings.

Any other names on that article that are worthy of interest?

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sorry, me again. 

If we’ve that much to spend (260m), we should be looking at players from Lille, Villareal, Sporting and clubs that have surprised this season. There must be some serious talent there for them to be doing so well. 

Do step into my office. Exhibit A is Jonathan Bamba, Exhibit B is Jonathan Ikone, whilst we're in France it'd be rude not to take a couple of DM's from Nice (Kepheren Thuram) And Marseille (Baboucar Kamara). 

Noticed Carlos Bacca has been banging them in this season.

This is really the first window where we will see the kind of plans that Lange, Leth and Rob Mackenzie have planned for us, because they didn't come until late into the window last summer when most of the targets will already have been identifed.

So will be interesting to see who it is that we do go for with that in mind, we'll probably go for some big name signings, but also a few unexpected names as well that won't have been talked about beforehand.

4 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

smith said we wont spend big

yeah cause he's going to come out and say "i've got a £150m war chest" isn't he

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah cause he's going to come out and say "i've got a £150m war chest" isn't he

Him and Shakespeare getting ready to drop the vid on the official social media account 

music video hop GIF

Edited by villa4europe

38 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-koopmeiners-soler-20612836

The AZ Alkmaar captain chalked up his 150th appearance at the weekend despite being just 23 years of age. Koopmeiners has made 31 appearances in Eredivisie this season while he's scored a whopping 15 times from defensive midfield. The Dutch international is a classy operator. He's similar to a Gareth Barry in the sense that he's left-footed, can keep the ball well, has slotted in at centre-back while he's a viable goal threat from set-pieces. What's more is he's an absolute engine who's relentless in pressing the opposition in order to win the ball back. Koopmeiners has attracted interest from the likes of Liverpool, Leeds and Inter. His contract expires in 2023 so AZ could be tempted to cash in on their star man. Koopmeiners fits the bill in terms of Villa's need for a player with real pedigree in midfield. Koopmeiners is under the same Wasserman agency as Tyrone Mings.

Any other names on that article that are worthy of interest?

I’ve only ever heard of the lad at Monaco, he’s supposed to be good but I’ve not seen him.

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You're setting yourself up for a disappointing summer 

So be it. We need to be targeting players nearly in their level. If we aren't then we aren't going to be progressing fast enough to keep jack or martinez. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

So be it. We need to be targeting players nearly in their level. If we aren't then we aren't going to be progressing fast enough to keep jack or martinez. 

Last summer when we signed emi there would have been very very few of us on here that would have suggested he was half as good as he ended up being 

We need more like him, players that our staff can see what's there whereas others can't, it's good scouting and good management by the club

Its not in your face blindingly obvious potential to be world class or already world class, they cost money and don't join villa 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You're setting yourself up for a disappointing summer 

I’d be very happy with Hudson-Odoi, he’s streets ahead of every winger in our squad bar Grealish and would much prefer him to the Brazillian lad at WBA. 

• Like 2