Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I’m so confused by this rhetoric.

Kante and Fernandinho aren’t that big?

Also Phillips is only 3cm bigger than Dougy. 

What exactly are we looking for?

Where in my post does it say they need to be big? 

We need a defensive midfielder as I don’t think Luiz is cut out for that role. 

So many times this season, where we’ve been under pressure, we’ve needed someone in that midfield area with a bit of aggression and nous to take back control of the game. Petrov was quite good at it actually. 

If we have 260m to spend in the summer and we don’t finish in the top 8, Smith will be axed. 

I only think we need 3 or 4 quality players to challenge the top 6 and 260m would more than cover that. It would equal being able to spend 65m on each player. With Covid destroying the finances of nearly every club in Europe, you’d be able to take your pick of players from every club outside of PSG, Madrid, Barca etc. 

I think it will be more around 120m mark, but either way, it’s f****** exciting. 

• Like 4

Sorry, me again. 

If we’ve that much to spend (260m), we should be looking at players from Lille, Villareal, Sporting and clubs that have surprised this season. There must be some serious talent there for them to be doing so well. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Awol said:

The £260M claim is coming from Ashley Preece, who (Brum Mail or not) is trying to build himself a career as a serious Villa journalist - and he’s a fan. 

I’d be surprised if he’s pulled that number from a certain orifice just for clicks, and on the C & B pod after the game yesterday he was really laying it on thick about how big this summer was going to be. He’s also consistently said Jack is going nowhere this summer. 

For me it’s clear the owners are do’ers not talkers and very shrewd businessmen, so whatever we spend will be within the rules. The rumour that they are lining up the purchase of another club indicates they have a long term strategic vision for operating in the European market and Villa is the centerpiece of that plan. 

They want to blow the back doors off [kenneth gif] the current footballing elite to force their way in. That’s going to cost real money. I’m very, very excited about where the club is going and what this window holds for our progress. 

260?

Thats just madness and utter unrealistic.

80-100M would be my bet

• Like 1

Was chatting with a mate last night who reckons through personal contacts that Tammy, Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic are all on the way out of Chelsea this summer. I’d happily take any of them, but Pulisic would be a massive signing for £45-50M. 

@tonyh29 you heard anything about who’s leaving there? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

260?

Thats just madness and utter unrealistic.

80-100M would be my bet

It’s what Chelsea spent last summer (I think) so not madness in big-club terms, as others have said it’s how such a spend could be managed with FFP. 

Also I’m not saying it’s true, would just be surprised if Preece had made it up given the traction such a claim will get in media/with fans. 

Edited by Awol

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Was chatting with a mate last night who reckons through personal contacts that Tammy, Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic are all on the way out of Chelsea this summer. I’d happily take any of them, but Pulisic would be a massive signing for £45-50M. 

@tonyh29 you heard anything about who’s leaving there? 

Ugh. Pulisic. Great player but utter bellend.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Ugh. Pulisic. Great player but utter bellend.

That’s okay, unless you wanna be his mate 😉 He’ll also be the US national captain at the WC next year so an absolute cash cow of a player in commercial terms. Might appeal to Wes? 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

With Covid destroying the finances of nearly every club in Europe, you’d be able to take your pick of players from every club outside of PSG, Madrid, Barca etc. 

Actually for both Real and Barca for probably 3/4 of their squads they will accept any reasonable bid. They have to. Neither club can afford to turn down €50m for players who aren't absolutely tier 1. 

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

As a layman, could someone explain how we could spend £260M and comply with FFP, especially after a season with no ticket revenue?

FFP has been neutered and it will only get more meningless as time goes on. It's party time.

Just now, Awol said:

That’s okay, unless you wanna be his mate 😉 He’ll also be the US national captain at the WC next year so an absolute cash cow of a player in commercial terms. Might appeal to Wes? 

My head says you’re right, but my heart says that I wouldn’t want him near a Villa shirt. It’s all fun and games til he puts something on twitter and gets banned for 6 months.

2 minutes ago, kevpants said:

FFP has been neutered and it will only get more meningless as time goes on. It's party time.

Fair enough. Sweet.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

As a layman, could someone explain how we could spend £260M and comply with FFP, especially after a season with no ticket revenue?

Either it's in the rules or we are going to start playing hardball dodgy tactics like the scum12, look what they did up north starting with the likes of man city (who), imagine doing the same but starting with an Aston Villa.

I've changed my targets, we're getting

Haaland

DeBruyne

Kimmich 

Foden

Ruben Dias