Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Guess Big Sam has sorted out their midfield structure and given him more licence to have a free role although he did track back well on Sunday.

Only thing I'd say is N'zogbia had a couple of seasons like that at Wigan when he got hot in last two months and was goals and assists machine so that's the caution whereas someone like Saint Maximn has been good for two seasons running now for Newcastle so I rate him a level higher.

Saint Maximin hasn't actually done much at all this season, for various reasons.  I'd say buying consistenly excellent wingers is about as hard as it gets when it comes to recruitment.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Saint Maximin hasn't actually done much at all this season, for various reasons.  I'd say buying consistenly excellent wingers is about as hard as it gets when it comes to recruitment.

There are a number of them out there, and we can afford them too. Getting them here is another matter.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As many have stated, he would be a great addition to our midfield.

He's a match winner and I wouldn't be dissapointed if we managed to sign him, he would be a better option than someone like Lookman imo.

Of course he would be better than lookman! He will also 3 times more. I would like to think we could buy a better winger for likely 50m

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Its the hardest position for consistency unless your unique talent like Ronaldo or Robben

• Like 2

Chelsea apparently willing to sell Abraham for £40m in the Summer.

I'd like him in our squad but not at that cost. Way too much imo. 

Has West Ham written all over it imo. 

Edited by PieFacE

11 minutes ago, John said:

Dwight McNeil perhaps?

How much is he worth, £20m - £30m. He would be a good signing only 21 years old , but I fear Burnley will price him out of range for clubs come summer

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

West Ham with Barkley for Rice and probably 15 million, it seems to obvious not to happen

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's the upper limit but I'd be tempted. He'd link up beautifully with Watkins and Grealish. Maybe give us the option of 4, 3, 1, 2 as well.

• Like 1

I’d quite like to see Tammy back, think he’d do well for us. But we wouldn’t be the only team in for him. I could see Leicester going for him, they’ll need to replace Vardy at some point and although Tammy is a different type of player I could imagine they’d have him. £40m is a lot as he’s not the most clinical striker. 

28 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

How much is he worth, £20m - £30m. He would be a good signing only 21 years old , but I fear Burnley will price him out of range for clubs come summer

He signed a new contract recently, it might have had a clause in it to set the price? Burnley would sell to fund other transfers, I suspect but he won't come cheap (over £30m, perhaps £40m - £50m?)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

He signed a new contract recently, it might have had a clause in it to set the price? Burnley would sell to fund other transfers, I suspect but he won't come cheap (over £30m, perhaps £40m - £50m?)  

I can’t see us affording him given he’s signed new contract and no one else for that matter , they hung on to Tarkowski because they priced him out of the market and rightfully so no team should be forced to sell if they don’t want to like us and Jack

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think we need guile, creativity and technical ability moreso. I'd much rather have a Buendia than an Adama, for instance. 

Or, and I think it's what the original poster is suggesting, we need a Neto or ASM type rather than a buendia. And I'd rather both of those to Buendia too.

I don't think we're at the point of taking the best players from teams below us yet. Burnley and Newcastle don't need to sell their best players and I can't imagine them kicking up a fuss to join us. 

I think we'll still have to scout Europe and the championship again. 

But if we do the same again in other key positions, we'll continue to progress. 

• Like 3